County of Maui
Notice to Providers of Professional Services
For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2007 and ending June 30, 2008, the County of Maui anticipates the need for professional services.
The selection of professional services may be made in accordance with Section 103D-304, Hawaii Revised Statutes, which provides that the selection of professionals may be through a list of qualified applicants. Persons engaged in providing professional services are invited to submit statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for evaluation and inclusion on a list of qualified professionals. The statements shall include the following at a minimum:
(1) The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices;
(2) The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past years;
(3) The education, training, and qualifications of key members of the firm;
(4) The names and phone numbers of up to five clients who may be contacted, including at least two for whom services were rendered during the preceding year; and
(5) Any promotional or descriptive literature which the firm desires to submit. Firms or persons may amend statements of qualifications at any time by filing a new statement and shall immediately inform the head of the purchasing agency of any change in their submission that would disqualify the firm or person from being considered for a contract award.
Also, a list of projects or services provided to the County will be helpful for the County to determine the qualifications of the applicant. To be considered for selection, consultants must express interest in the specific projects for which they are qualified. Simply stating interest in all projects is not acceptable.
6 copies of 1 submittal (One submittal for all jobs/all departments), shall be received no later than 4:30 p.m., June 27, 2007, at the Purchasing Division of the County of Maui, 200 South High Street Rm. #612, Wailuku, HI. 96793. Please do not submit separate submittals for each department.
The budgeted consultant fees for projects listed below are categorized as follows: Category A – Less than $25,000; Category B – $25,000 to $50,000; Category C – $50,000 to $150,000; Category D $150,000 to $300,000; Category E – Over $300,000;
Following are the projected Capital Improvement projects and other professional services needs that we know of as of now or may need. As priorities change, there inevitably will be additions, deletions, and other unanticipated changes to the projects listed below. If new projects arise which require skill sets that are not adequately available within our existing list, we will re-advertise at that time to supplement the existing list:
Department of Public Works & Environmental Management, Engineering Division
1. Surveying – Topography, boundary, subdivision, maps, etc. Categories A-E.
2. Civil Engineering Design – non federal aid. Categories A-E.
3. Structural Design – non federal aid. Categories A-E.
4. Civil Design/Planning/Permitting – federal aid projects. Categories A-E.
5. Structural Design/Planning/Permitting – federal aid projects. Categories A-E.
6. Construction Management – federal aid projects. Categories A-E.
7. Appraisals for land acquisition, easements. Category A.
8. Design mechanical/electrical/architectural – county facilities Categories A-E.
Department of Public Works & Environmental Management, Wastewater Division
1. Kihei Wastewater Pump Station No. 2 Modifications. Category B.
2. Countywide EPA Consent Decree WWRF Renovation Projects. Category E.
3. Countywide Force Main Evaluations Phase I. Category E.
4. Kaa Force Main Replacement. Category D.
5. EPA Consent Decree Compliance Projects Category E.
6. Consent Decree Sewer Rehabilitation – Kihei Category E.
7. Consent Decree Sewer Rehabilitation – Lahaina Category E.
8. Consent Decree Sewer Rehabilitation – Central Category E.
9. Alamaha Force Main Replacement. Category B.
10. Kahului Concrete Lateral Replacement. Category E.
11. Wailuku-Kahului WWRF Shoreline Erosion Protection. Category E.
12. Miscellaneous Mechanical Improvements/Rehab Projects. Categories A-B.
13. Miscellaneous Electrical Improvements/Rehab Projects. Categories A-B.
14. Miscellaneous Structural Improvements/Rehab Projects. Categories A-B.
15. Miscellaneous Civil Improvements/Rehabilitation Projects. Categories A-B.
16. Miscellaneous Survey Improvements/Rehabilitation Projects. Categories A-B.
17. Miscellaneous Software Programing/Consulting Projects. Categories A-B.
Department of Public Works & Environmental Management, Solid Waste Division
1. Storm Water Pollution Control Plan. Category A.
2. Hana LF Master Plan. Category A.
3. Lanai LF Master Plan. Category A.
4. Molokai LF Master Plan. Category A.
5. Abandoned Vehicle/Scrap Metal/White Goods Facility Design Category C.
6. CML Fuel Tank Installation Design. Category A.
7. CML Gulch Crossing Prelim Engr. Report/Permitting/Design Category D.
8. CML I & II Landfill Gas Preliminary Engineering Report Category D.
9. CML Phase V Design and Permitting. Category D.
10. CML Wind Barriers Design/Construction Category E.
11. Materials Recovery Facility Prelim Engr. and Permitting. Category E.
Department of Parks and Recreation
1. Kanaha Beach Park Irrigation System/Restroom Improvements. Category C.
2. Keopuolani Walkway Lighting. Category B.
3. Cooke Memorial Pool Restroom Renovations. Category B.
4. Various ADA Architectural Improvements at various park facilities. Category C.
5. Various ADA Civil Engr. Improvements at various park facilities. Category C.
Department of Planning/Planning Related Services
1. Various Planning Related Services Categories A-E.
1. Kamole WTP Improvements – High Lift Pumps Retrofit. Category D.
2. Maui Meadows #17 Booster Pump Replacement. Category C.
3. Water System Development Fee Study. Category C.
4. Piiholo WTP Organic Carbon Reduction Life Cycle Analysis. Category B.
5. Kamole WTP – PVDF Retrofit – Electrical Modifications. Category A.
6. Various Land Appraisals. Category A.
7. Various Surveying Work. Category A.
8. Various Court Reporting Services. Category A.
1. Public Safety Radio Communication System Upgrade Category E.
2. Design of a County Morgue. Category C.
3. Hana Police Cottage Design. Category A.
4. Communication Center renovations. Category A.
Department of Housing & Human Concerns
1. Design New Lanai Senior Center. Category D.
Department of Fire Control
1. Design of multi level addition to Kahului Fire Station Building. Category C.
2. Miscellaneous Structural Improvement/Rehab Projects. Category B.
3. Miscellaneous Civil Improvement/Rehab Projects. Category B.
Department of Civil Defense
Potential project areas include:
1. Technical Interoperability Communications Plan Development. Categories A-B..
2. Community Emergency Response Team Coordination & Mgt. Categories A-B.
3. Emergency Evacuation Planning & Plan Development. Categories A-B.
4. Emergency Shelter Development & Planning. Categories A-B.
5. Grant Coordination & Management. Categories A-B
6. National Response Plan, NIMS, and Incident Command System Documentation & Accountability. Categories A-B.
7. Incident Command System and hazard training, exercise planning & Coordination. Categories A-B.
Other Professional Service Categories
This category includes areas in which we will likely have either unanticipated or small $ projects:
1. Surveyors, Architects, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
2. Planning Consultants – for land acquisition work, environmental assessments, or other related work.
3. Court Reporting Services
(SB05529967 6/10/07) Director of Finance
County of Maui