NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING REGARDING PROPOSED
RULES AND REGULATIONS RELATING TO ADMINISTRATIVE
PROCEDURES FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION SERVICES, CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU,
GOVERNING THE ISSUANCE OF PARADE/SPECIAL EVENT PERMITS
1. Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the Department of Transportation Services (DTS), City and County of Honolulu at the Human Resource Conference Room, ground floor, 530 S. King St., City Annex, Honolulu Hawaii 96813 on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 at 9:30 am for the purpose of providing citizens the opportunity to present their views on the proposed changes to the rules and regulations relating to the issuance of parade/special event permits for the DTS, City and County of Honolulu.
2. Background: the DTS controls and issues parade/special event permits in the City and County of Honolulu. The rules and regulations establish procedures to be followed by the DTS in preparing and processing applications for parade/special event permits and to effectively control the use of streets within the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Review: The proposed section of the departmental rules and regulations define the rules governing the issuance of parade/special event permits. Copies of the proposed section of the rules and regulations relating to parade/special event permits may be obtained by calling DTS at 527-6009, or by coming to 3rd floor, Honolulu Municipal Building, 650 S. King St., Monday to Friday during normal business hours or online at www.honolulu.gov/dts/usage/parades Should you require the document in an accessible format (audible tape), please call 527-6009 and it will be mailed to you
4. All interested persons are invited to express their views on this matter. Persons wishing to speak at the public hearing must sign up on the day of the hearing and presentations are limited to three minutes. Also, two written copies of the statement presented will be required for the record. Persons unable to attend the hearing may submit written comments to Mr. Melvin N. Kaku, Director, Department of Transportation Services, 650 S. King St., 3rd Floor, Frank Fasi Municipal Building, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 by September 19, 2006, 4:30 pm.
5. Any person with a hearing impairment desiring to attend the public hearing may request the assistance of a sign interpreter provided such request is made seven days prior to the scheduled public hearing. Request for a sign language interpreter may be made by calling the DTS at 527-6009.
Melvin N. Kaku, Director
Department of Transportation Services
City and County of Honolulu (SB05524240 8/18/06)