The Community Health Division of the Department of Health, State of Hawaii, anticipates the need for (1) professional to provide community planning services for fiscal year 2006-2007 for the island of Oahu that shall include but not be limited to the following:
1. Staff and facilitate an active tobacco control coalition.
2. Assure representation from populations that experience tobacco-related disparities through recruitment and expansion of coalition.
3. Develop and implement an annual action plan that includes educational, policy, and counter-marketing activities related to tobacco control at the local community level.
4. Assure representation at meetings and conference calls with the Hawaii State Department of Health Tobacco Prevention and Education Program.
5. Develop, produce, and disseminate tobacco control resources, materials, and data specific to island on which the coalition is located.
6. Implement an assessment process to monitor and evaluate achievement of coalition goals and objectives.
7. Identify and pursue at least one source of alternative funds for local coalition or coalition activities.
8. Collaborate with neighbor island and statewide coalition members, other agencies, and organizations to accomplish statewide tobacco control goals as articulated by the Tobacco Prevention and Education Program and the Hawaii 5-Year Tobacco Use Prevention and Control Strategic Plan.
9. Assist the Hawaii State Department of Health Tobacco Prevention and Education Program in its preventive efforts as designated by the Chief of the Chronic Disease Management and Control Branch.
Those who are interested and capable of providing the professional services required shall submit a letter of interest together with a resume to the Director, Hawaii State Department of Health, 1250 Punchbowl St., Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. Resumes should include statements of qualifications and related experiences with supporting data, including but not limited to the following information:
1. The name of the person, principal place of business and address
2. The education and training qualifications of the individual
3. The name and phone numbers of five community references who may be contacted including at least two whom services were rendered during preceding year; and
4. Document any personal experience in community organizing and coalition building in the last five years.
A letter of interest and resume shall be submitted and received by the Director not later than 4:30 P.M., June 19, 2006. (SB05522975 5/28, 5/31/06)