NOTICE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
The County of Kauai, under an exempt HRS 103D process, hereby provides public notice to invite persons engaged in the professional services listed below to submit current statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for the fiscal year 2005 – 2006:
A. DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL SERVICES:
1. SERVICES FOR THE REVIEW OF CLASSIFICATION AND COMPENSATION PLANS FOR THE COUNTY OF KAUAI. The scope of services for this project will include, but is not limited to, a review and identification of the compensational structural components of the Excluded Managerial Compensation Plan, review of the classification and compensation of identified job classes as they relate to lower level staff and upper executive appointees (department heads and deputies) in the County of Kauai as well as equal positions in other jurisdictions in the State of Hawaii and local job market; recommendations for adjustments to the Excluded Managerial Compensation Plan for the County of Kauai for:
equality among the job classes in terms of pay;
updating and validating of current job descriptions in terms of class and compensation;
determination on whether job classes require an educational background or other appropriate background;
determination of appropriate compensation levels of current positions based on job roles and responsibilities and personnel impact of implementing recommendations;
addressing the pay inversion issue that exists between EMs and Department Heads;
basis of recommendations and determinations; and
develop a transition and maintenance plan to accommodate the necessary adjustments to affected position.
Estimated cost: $100,000.00
Estimated contract term: Six (6) to nine (9) months
Direct questions to Karen Matsumoto, (808) 241-6590
The process for evaluation and award of a contract for professional services will be applied (HRS 103D-304).
Consultants who are interested and capable of providing the professional services listed shall submit a letter of interest and five (5) copies of their resume to:
Director of Finance
Division of Purchasing
4444 Rice Street, Rm 303
Lihue, HI 96766
Resumes should include:
1. Reference to this Notice by noting \u201D#X1-PROF-05/06\u201D on the cover page of each resume, AND the name of the department and service that the resume is to be directed to.
2. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices.
3. A description or narrative of the firm and statements of qualifications (education, training, licenses, credentials) and experiences of the principals and staff members to be involved, and supporting data as it relates to the proposed projects.
4. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five (5) years.
5. A list of similar projects undertaken and completed within the last five (5) years (including dates), the amount of the projects, owners of the projects and the scope of work performed.
6. The names of up to five (5) clients who may be contacted, including at least two (2) for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
7. Capacity to complete the work in the required time.
8. Any other pertinent data that should or may be considered in the evaluation of the firm\u2019s qualifications.
Resumes may be amended at any time by filing a new statement. Any change in resumes that will be cause for disqualifying the firm from consideration for award shall be immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
Awards shall be electronically posted on the County of Kauai website within seven (7) days of the contract award: http://kauai.gov; follow: Departments/Agencies; Finance; Purchasing Division; Procurement Disclosures.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), Tuesday, April 25, 2006. Late submissions will be returned. Risk of late delivery shall lie with the sender.
Michael H. Tresler
Director of Finance
(SB05522100 4/4/06) County of Kauai
Notice #: 05522100