DATE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15, 2006
PLACE: COUNCIL CHAMBER, HONOLULU HALE
TIME: 10:15 AM
1. Confirmation of Appointment
Dennis Agena as a member of the Board of Parks and Recreation (MM-033).
2. Bill 13 Waiver of Building Permit Fees Waiving building permit fees for the rehabilitation or reconstruction of homes on Hawaiian Home Lands.
3. Bill 17 Buses Used for the Homeless Reducing homelessness on the streets by exempting vehicles that are converted into mobile homeless shelters from the motor vehicle weight tax.
4. Bill 18 Deferral of Real Property Taxes Allowing certain elderly persons to defer their real property tax obligation on their residences.
5. Bill 19 Executive Operating Budget FY 05/06 Amendment No. 2. Amending the Executive Operating Budget and Program for fiscal year July 1, 2005 to June 30, 2006 in order to fund agency shortages due to unanticipated increases to fuel and electricity costs, and unanticipated salary and current expense costs in the Department of the Medical Examiner and the Department of Emergency Services Ocean Safety Division.
6. Bill 26 Relating to County Tax Credit Making certain changes to the county tax credit to address concerns raised regarding the implementation of the tax credit.
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10:15 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at www.honolulu.gov/council/ agendas.htm, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 527-6910 or by calling 523-4490. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 527-6910 or you may e-mail your testimony by going to www.honolulu.gov/council/agendas.htm for the e-mail contact; however, you are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
No hearing shall be held on a Bill if that Bill is not reported out of committee. Copies of the Bills and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk\u2019s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at htpp://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Any disabled person requiring special assistance should call 523-4490 for details.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
DONOVAN M. DELA CRUZ, CHAIR