REQUEST FOR AGENCY PROPOSALS
The YMCA of Honolulu (YMCA) hereby invites interested and qualified agencies to submit a statement of qualifications for services for Weed and Seed in the community of Waipahu. Based on the evaluation criteria specified below, YMCA will invite agencies to submit detailed proposals.
1. Services in the designated Weed and Seed site.
2. Development of a community coalition.
3. Provide leadership on Coordinating Prevention/Intervention, and Neighborhood
4. Work with the Honolulu Police Dept in enhancing the Community Policing and
Neighborhood Security Watches.
5. Over all budget for the project is $45,000 – $48,000.
Anticipated Start of Services: September 1, completion by June 30, 2008.
1. Must have at least three (3) years of operating experience under the Weed and Seed Strategy.
2. Must have an established office in Waipahu.
3. Must have experience administering grants.
4. Must be in good standing in the State of Hawaii and the Department of Justice.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate all submissions:
No. Criteria Weight
1 Evidence of companys ability to perform the work, 20%
as evidenced by profiles of key staffs professional and
echnical competence, experience, and facilities.
2 Workload, financial strength and capacity to perform the work. 20%
3 Past performance in terms of work, compliance to schedules 40%
and knowledge of coalition building and collaboration.
4 Evidence of previous experience in similar type of projects. 20%
5. Evidence of compliance with minimum qualifications. Mandatory
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS SHALL INCLUDE:
1. A letter of interest.
2. The name of the agency, the principal place of business and location office.
3. The age of the company and its average number of employees over the past year.
4. The names, years of company service, training and qualifications of key members of the
5. The names and phone numbers of up to five agencies who may be contacted and at least two
for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
6. Documentation to substantiate each of the listed evaluation criteria.
7. Any promotional or descriptive literature that the company desires to submit.
8. List of Agency Officers and Board of Directors.
Time: 2:00 pm
Date: Thursday, August 16, 2007
Qualifications received after this time and date will be rejected. Honolulu mail-in deliveries must be postmarked prior to noon, 8/16/07.
All qualifications must be submitted in duplicate (2) and must clearly indicate the name of the
Questions regarding this Request for Contractors Qualifications shall be directed to Maile
Kanemaru (808) 951-1302 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail or Hand Deliver Proposal to: Maile Kanemaru, Executive Director, YMCA of Honolulu,
Central Branch, 401 Atkinson Drive, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96814.
The YMCA of Honolulu reserves the right to accept or reject any submissions for any and all
reasons as it deems in its best judgment. (SB03511834 08/09/07)
Notice #: 03511834
Request for Proposals
Request for Proposals