DATE: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2017
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 17-190 – Relating to the reappointment of Edward M. Joseph to serve on the Board of Review III for Real Property Tax appeals of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 17-191 – Relating to the reappointment of Pamela K. Tongg to serve on the Commission on Culture and the Arts of the City and County of Honolulu.
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the actions to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees on August 1 – 2, 2017; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
3. Bill 57 (2016), CD1 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Transportation and Planning – To adopt the Revised Koolau Poko Sustainable Communities Plan for the City and County of Honolulu. (Repealing the existing Sustainable Communities Plan for Koolau Poko, Article 6, Chapter 24, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, and adopting a new Article 6 incorporating the revised Koolau Poko Sustainable Communities Plan.)
4. Bill 55 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Housing – To amend a portion (fifteen acres or less) of the State Land Use District Boundary Map No. 0-4 (Haleiwa Quadrangle) from the Agricultural District to the Urban District for certain lands situated at Haleiwa, Oahu, Hawaii. (Reclassifying certain lands in Haleiwa from the Agricultural District to the Urban District.) (Applicant: Scott C. Wallace)
5. Bill 56 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Housing – To rezone land situated at Haleiwa, Oahu, Hawaii. (Rezoning from the AG-2 General Agricultural District to the R-5 Residential District.) (Applicant: Scott C. Wallace)
6. Bill 67 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Transportation and Planning – Relating to curb ramps. (Preserving access to curb ramps designed for use by persons with disabilities.)
7. Bill 68 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Transportation and Planning – Relating to Special Transit Service. [Clarifying the operations of the City’s special transit service (The Handi-Van) and establishing policies for improved and efficient operations of special transit services in the City and County of Honolulu.]
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only.
Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Bills, Resolutions and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
RON MENOR, CHAIR