DATE: WEDNESDAY, JULY 12, 2017
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 17-178 – Confirming the appointment of Cheryl D. Soon to serve as Chair of the Rate Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 17-179 – Relating to the reappointment of Richard J. Peterson to serve on the Citizens Advisory Commission on Civil Defense of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 17-180 – Relating to the appointment of Ruth M.F. Lin to serve on the Board of Review II for Real Property Tax Appeals of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Resolution 17-181 – Relating to the reappointment of Irene L.A. Puuohau to serve on the Ethics Board of Appeals.
5. Resolution 17-182 – Relating to the reappointment of Fernando T. Pacheco to serve on the Commission on Culture and the Arts of the City and County of Honolulu.
6. Resolution 17-183 – Relating to the reappointment of Galyn Y. Wong to serve on the Commission on Culture and the Arts of the City and County of Honolulu.
7. Resolution 17-184 – Relating to the appointment of Leighton K.F. Liu to serve on the Commission on Culture and the Arts of the City and County of Honolulu.
8. Bill 50, CD1 – Relating to City Boards and Commissions. (Establishing a process for the periodic review of certain City boards and commissions to determine whether the Charter provisions or ordinances establishing the board or commission should be retained, amended, or repealed.)
9. Bill 51, CD1 – Relating to parking time limits. (Amending the Traffic Code of the City and County of Honolulu, as set forth in Chapter 15 of the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, to enable the City to set time limits as indicated by official signs only.)
10. Bill 52, CD1 – Relating to the minimum real property tax. (Amending the minimum real property tax.)
11. Bill 53 – Relating to nonconforming structures. (Amending certain provisions relating to nonconforming structures.)
12. Bill 54 – Relating to wind machines. (Amending the permitting requirements for wind machines.)
13. Bill 57 – Relating to Ethics Commission staff. (Repealing language duplicative of the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu, Section 11-107, as amended by Charter Amendment #2 adopted at the general election held on November 8, 2016, in the City and County of Honolulu.)
14. Bill 58, CD1 – Establishing an affordable housing requirement. (Increasing the production of affordable housing, to encourage dispersal of affordable housing throughout the City and County of Honolulu, and to maintain the units as affordable for a long period of time.)
15. Bill 59, CD1 – Relating to affordable housing incentives. [Providing financial support for the creation and maintenance of affordable dwelling units that are provided through compliance with affordable housing requirements, Planned Development-Transit, and Interim Planned Development-Transit permits, and for qualifying rental housing projects pursuant to HRS Section 201H- 36(a)(5).]
16. Bill 62, CD1 – Relating to joint development. (Amending certain provisions relating to the joint development of two or more subdivision lots.)
17. Bill 63 – Relating to special improvement districts. (Allowing transportation management to be provided and financed by a special improvement district.)
18. Bill 64 – Relating to the establishment of the Waikiki Transportation Management Association Special Improvement District No. 4. (Establishing a Waikiki Transportation Management Association special improvement district to provide for and finance supplemental services and improvements in and to Waikiki as authorized by Chapter 36, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990).
19. Bill 66 – Relating to public sidewalks. (Expandingthe commercial areas subject to the City’s current restrictions on persons sitting or lying on public sidewalks in certain such areas.)
20. Resolution 16-247 and Proposed CD1 – Approving the Downtown Neighborhood Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Plan.
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only.
Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Bills, Resolutions and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
RON MENOR, CHAIR