County of Hawaii
Notice is hereby given of a meeting to be held by the Transportation Commission of the County of Hawaii in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 91, Hawaii Revised Statutes, Chapter 18, Divisions 2 and 3 of the Hawaii County Code.
DATE: June 23, 2017 Friday
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
PLACE: West Hawai’i Civic Center, Liquor Department Conference Room
74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Highway, Bldg B
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
The purpose of the meeting is to afford all interested persons a reasonable opportunity to be heard on the following matters. All person(s) wishing to testify should submit ten (10) copies of their proposed statement prior to the meeting.
I. Call to order
II. Roll Call
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Approval of Minutes
V. Public Statements on Agenda Items
VI. New Business
A. Review taxicab application for NEW Certificate of Public Convenience & Necessity to operate in the County of Hawaii.
1. Kelly Does Kona LLC dba World’s Coolest Cab PO Box 564 Capt. Cook, HI 96704 (1) CH569
Name change: Mary Kelly Williams and Ian Works DBA Worlds Coolest Cab CH538/569
2. Maile Madrona dba Hello Kitti Taxi & Tours 248 Hoomalu St. Hilo, HI 96720 (1)
3. Branden Henson dba BH Taxi 47 Panaewa St. Hilo, HI 96720 (1) CH570
4. Stanley Shigeishi dba Stan’s Taxi 133 Laukona Street Hilo, HI 96720 (2) CH571
5. Jonas Montgomery dba Yagi Hawaii PO Box 3603 Kailua Kona HI 96745 (6) CH572-573- 574
Name Change: Jonas Montgomery dba Yagi Hawaii CH554
6. Edison and Vilma Fronda dba Princess Taxi PO Box 384021 Waikoloa HI 96738 (1) CH575
7. Manuel Cabanas dba Kona Town Taxi 74-5047 Kealakaa St. Kailua Kona HI 96740 (1)
8. Ronaldo Bacalbos dba RJAY Taxi 74-5022 Kealapua St. Kailua Kona HI 96740 (1)
9. Alberto Gilboy dba Traveler’s Taxicab PO Box 1285 Kapaau HI 96755 (1)
10. Rana Pfizenmaier dba Marek’s Taxi PO Box 385413 Waikoloa HI 96738 CH539
11. Jennifer Summers dba Jen’s Taxi 64-5241 Nani Waimea Street Waimea HI 96743 (1)
B. Hearing on revocation of the following Certificate of Public Conveniences due to the discontinuance by the carrier of the business of transporting passengers as a common carrier of passengers operating upon and using the public highways for a period of thirty consecutive days or more or failure to renew his/her taxicab license for the year.
1. CH 214 Wilson Saplan dba Saplan Taxi
2. CH562 563 Christopher Artley dba Taxi Chris
3. CH564 565 Charlene Sherwood dba Char’s Taxi
4. CH 529 Artemio Miranda dba Armi Taxi
5. CH458 Jojo Ramos dba Kohala Taxi
6. CH388 412 Joseph Carriza dba Taxi Joe
VII. Transit Administrator’s Report
VIII. Discussion on Commissioners Powers and Duties
IX. Discussion regarding Future Taxi businesses in Hawaii
X. Discussion on regulating amount of taxi companies necessary to service Island of Hawaii
XI. Next Meeting
HAWAII COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION
The meeting place or facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication to participate in this meeting should contact the Mass Transit Agency at (808) 961-8744 as soon as possible, but no later than June 15, 2017.
Hawai’i County is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer