DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 10, 2017
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 17-122 – Relating to the appointment of Pamela Bell Martin to serve on the Board of Parks and Recreation of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 17-123 – Relating to the appointment of Cheryl M. Palesh to serve on the Building Board of Appeals of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 17-124 – Relating to the appointment of William H. Hong to serve on the Fire Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Resolution 17-125 – Relating to the reappointment of Glenna J. Wong to serve on the Citizens Advisory Commission on Civil Defense of the City and County of Honolulu.
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the actions to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees on May 2 – 4, 2017; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
5. Bill 15 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Housing – Relating to interim planned development permits for transit-oriented development within close proximity to future rail stations. (Amending the provisions of the Land Use Ordinance pertaining to the Interim Planned Development Transit Permit in the future Transit-Oriented Development Special District areas.)
6. Bill 20, CD1 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Executive Matters and Legal Affairs – Relating to public sidewalks. (Expanding the commercial areas subject to the City’s current restrictions on persons sitting or lying on public sidewalks in certain such areas.)
7. Bill 38 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Public Works, Infrastructure and Sustainability – Relating to construction and demolition debris. (Addressing the recovery of construction and demolition debris.)
8. Bill 40 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Parks, Community and Customer Services – Relating to trees. (Creating an adopt-a-tree program to be administered by the Department of Parks and Recreation.)
9. Bill 42 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget – Relating to funding for transit. (Allowing for greater flexibility in the sources of monies to be used for the capital cost of the Honolulu Rail Transit Project.)
10. Bill 43 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Public Works, Infrastructure and Sustainability – Relating to the maintenance of channels, streambeds, streambanks and drainageways. (Amending the conditions a private stream owner is held to maintain, dredge and clear such stream.)
11.Bill 45 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget – Relating to the transportation surcharge. (Amending the ordinances pertaining to the County surcharge on general excise and use taxes.)
12. Bill 47 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Housing – Relating to incentives for accessory dwelling units production. (Extending the repeal date of Section 2, Section 3, and Section 5 of Ordinance 16-19 and the period of time that the incentives will remain in effect.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only.
Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Bills, Resolutions and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
RON MENOR, CHAIR