DATE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 22, 2017
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 A.M.
1. Resolution 17-64 – Relating to the nomination of Sandra S. Pfund to serve as the Director of the Department of Land Management of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 17-65 – Relating to the nomination of James D. Howe, Jr. to serve as the Director of the Department of Emergency Services of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 17-66 – Relating to the appointment of Wes R. Frysztacki to serve as the Director of the Department of Transportation Services of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Resolution 17-76 – Relating to the appointment of Pamela A. Witty-Oakland to serve on the Grants in Aid Advisory Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
5. Resolution 17-77 – Relating to the appointment of Grant Kagimoto to serve on the Grants in Aid Advisory Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
6. Resolution 17-78 – Relating to the appointment of David B. Monk to serve on the Ethics Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
7. Resolution 17-80 – Relating to the appointment of Duane R. Miyashiro to serve on the Liquor Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
8. Bill 59 (2016), CD1 – Relating to the use of bags provided to customers. (Regulating the use of bags provided to customers.)
9. Bill 67 (2016) – Relating to bicycle facilities. (Encouraging commuting by means other than by motor vehicle, including by bicycle.)
10. Bill 4 – To rezone land situated at Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii. (Rezoning land from the B-2 Community Business District, and R-7.5 Residential District to the B-1 Neighborhood Business District.) (Applicant: Ohana Pacific Management Company Offices)
11. Bill 5 – To rezone land situated at Moanalua, Oahu, Hawaii. (Rezoning land from the F-1 Military and Federal Preservation District to the R-5 Residential District.) (Applicant: Island Family Christian Church)
12. Bill 6, CD1 – Relating to mobile electronic devices. (Regulating the use of mobile electronic devices by certain persons.)
13. Bill 13, CD1 – Relating to public sidewalks. (Amending the law relating to sitting or lying on public sidewalks in areas zoned for commercial and business activities to include certain sidewalks in Kalihi and lwilei.)
14. Bill 16 – Relating to building inspections. (Addressing the inspection of the exterior walls and appurtenances of buildings.)
15. Bill 17 – Relating to building inspections. (Requiring the periodic inspection of certain walls and appurtenances of certain buildings.)
16. Bill 19 – Relating to real property taxation. (Adding a new real property class.)
17. Bill 21 – Relating to parking. (Regulating the parking of vehicles in front of private driveways.)
18. Bill 23 – Relating to City parks and recreational facilities. (Clarifying the status of parks and recreational facilities under the ownership, management, or control of the City and County of Honolulu.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the items listed in this notice are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
RON MENOR, CHAIR