DATE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2017
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 A.M.
1. Resolution 17-13 – Relating to the nomination of Dr. Christopher Happy, to serve as the Medical Examiner of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 17-16 – Relating to the nomination of Shawn Hamamoto, to serve as the Executive Secretary to the Neighborhood Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 17-35 – Relating to the appointment of Stefanie Y.S. Lee to serve on the Fire Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Resolution 17-36 – Relating to the appointment of Charlotte L. Nekota to serve on the Fire Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
5. Resolution 17-44 – Relating to the appointment of Christopher T. Hong to serve on the Building Board of Appeals of the City and County of Honolulu.
6. Resolution 17-45 – Relating to the appointment of Gifford K.F. Chang to serve on the Planning Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
7. Resolution 17-46 – Relating to the appointment of Fernando J. Frontera to serve on the Building Board of Appeals of the City and County of Honolulu.
8. Bill 57 (2016), CD1 – To adopt the revised Koolau Poko Sustainable Communities Plan for the City and County of Honolulu. (Repealing the existing Sustainable Communities Plan for Koolau Poko, Article 6, Chapter 24, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, and adopting a new Article 6 incorporating the revised Koolau Poko Sustainable Communities Plan.)
9. Bill 2, CD1 – Amending the Fire Code of the City and County of Honolulu. (Making amendments to the Fire Code of the City and County of Honolulu, with respect to natural cut trees.)
10. Bill 3, CD1 – Relating to the transportation surcharge. (Amending the ordinances pertaining to the County surcharge on general excise and use taxes.)
11. Bill 7, CD1 – Relating to real property taxation. (Amending the determination of the rates for properties in the “Residential A” real property tax classification.)
12. Bill 8 – Relating to real property taxation. (Including condominium units in the residential use dedication program.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the items listed in this notice are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
RON MENOR, CHAIR