DATE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1, 2016
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 A.M.
1. Resolution 16-113 – Relating to the reappointment of Kaiulani K. Sodaro to serve on the Planning Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 16-114 – Relating to the reappointment of Cindy S. Inouye to serve on the Civil Service Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 16-116 – Relating to the appointment of Joseph J. Miller to serve on the Citizens Advisory Commission on Civil Defense of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Resolution 16-134 – Relating to the appointment of Peter S. Adler to serve on the Ethics Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
5. Resolution 16-138 – Authorizing the use of overt video monitoring in the City and County of Honolulu to prevent and deter general criminal activity and achieve the legitimate law enforcement objective and legitimate public purpose of ensuring a safe and secure 2016 International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN), 2016 IUCN World Conservation Congress.
6. Bill 31 – Relating to Infrastructure. (To provide expressly that the City may construct infrastructure improvements in neighborhoods solely with City funds.)
7. Bill 34, CD1 – Relating to the use of public school lands. (To facilitate the State Department of Education’s use of existing public school lands owned by the City and County of Honolulu.)
8. Bill 35 – Relating to the real property tax credit for low income homeowners. (To modify the requirements regarding the real property tax credit for low- income homeowners.)
9. Bill 36, CD1 – Relating to private transportation services and drivers. [To establish regulations applicable to private transportation services drivers, including creation of a central database of information pertaining to drivers of private transportation services (including both taxicab companies and transportation network companies), to ensure the health and well-being of their passengers and that the drivers operate in a safe manner.]
10. Resolution 15-252 and Proposed CD1 – Approving the Downtown Neighborhood Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Plan.
11. Resolution 16-32 and Proposed CD1 – Approving the Kalihi Neighborhood Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Plan.
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3825. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the items listed in this notice are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3825 or send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR