DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 4, 2016
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees on April 26 thru 28, 2016; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
1. Bill 27 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – Amending Chapter 14, Chapter 18, and Chapter 22, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, as amended, relating to incentives for accessory dwelling units production. (Temporarily exempt “accessory dwelling units,” as defined in Section 21-10.1, from certain fees and to permanently exempt accessory dwelling units from the requirement to provide or dedicate land for park and playground purposes.)
2. Bill 28 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – Relating to public housing in transit-oriented development special districts. [Amending the provisions of the Land Use Ordinance (LUO) pertaining to Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Special Districts and Interim Planned Development-Transit (IPD-T) permits.]
3. Bill 29 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Public Works, Infrastructure and Sustainability – Relating to bulky wastes. (To clarify procedures for the collection of bulky wastes.)
4. Bill 30 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget – Relating to the Honolulu Zoo. (To create a Honolulu Zoo Fund to provide the Honolulu Zoo with a dedicated and sustainable source of funding.)
5. Bill 31 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Public Works, Infrastructure and Sustainability – Relating to infrastructure. (To provide expressly that the City may construct infrastructure improvements in neighborhoods solely with City funds.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3825. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only.
Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Bills are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3825 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR