COUNTY OF KAUAI PLANNING DEPARTMENT, LIHUE, KAUAI
4444 Rice St., Kapule Building, Lihue, Hawaii 96766. Tel: 241-4050. Pursuant to the Special Management Area Rules and Regulations of the County of Kauai, provisions of State Land Use Commission Rules and Regulations and provisions of Chapter 8 of the Kauai County Code 1987, as amended: NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of a hearing to be held by the Planning Commission of the County of Kauai at the Lihue Civic Center, Moikeha Building, Meeting Rooms 2A and 2B, 4444 Rice Street, Lihue, Kauai on Tuesday, August 25, 2015, starting at 9:00 a.m. or soon thereafter to consider the following:
1. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-41, Use Permit U-2015-40 and Variance Permit V-2015-6 to allow installation and height variance for a 53 feet high stealth telecommunications structure and associated equipment on a parcel located in Lihue, situated at the Tip Top Motel/Café and Bakery site, further identified as 3173 Akahi Street, Tax Map Key 3-6-006:073, and affecting a parcel approx. 45,000 sq. ft. in size.
2. Special Management Area Use Permit SMA(U)-2015-10, Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-42, Use Permit U-2015-41 to allow conversion of an existing guest house into a bed and breakfast operation on a parcel located along the makai side of Aliomanu Road in Anahola, situated approx. ¾ mile makai of its intersection with Kuhio Highway, further identified as 4760 Aliomanu Road, Tax Map Key 4-8-013:007, and containing a total area of 11,481 sq. ft.
3. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-43, Use Permit U-2015-42 and Special Permit SP-2015-15 to allow conversion of an existing guest house into a bed and breakfast operation on a parcel located along the mauka side of Kamalu Road within the Sleeping Giant Half Acres Subdivision in Wailua Homesteads, situated at the terminus of Uilani Place, further identified as 5900 Uilani Place, Tax Map Key 4-4-005:069, and containing a total area of 20,370 sq. ft.
4. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-44 and Use Permit U-2015-43 to allow conversion of an existing residence into a bed and breakfast operation on a parcel located along the makai side of Kolo Road in Kilauea, situated approx. 500 ft. north of the Kolo Road/Hookui Road intersection, further identified as 4380 Hookui Road, Tax Map Key 5-2-011:030, and containing a total area of 0.35 acres.
5. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-45 and Use Permit U-2015-44 to allow construction of a new administration building on a parcel located along the mauka side of Ahukini Road in Lihue, situated at the Lihue Heliport facility and approx. ¼ mile east of the Kapule Highway/Ahukini Road intersection, further identified as Tax Map Key 3-5-001:148, and affecting a portion of a larger parcel containing 3.67 acres.
6. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-46, Use Permit U-2015-45 and Special Permit SP-2015-16 to allow conversion of an existing residence into a bed and breakfast operation on a parcel located along the western side of Omao Road within the Puu Pinao Subdivision in Omao, situated approx. 150 ft. mauka of the Upa Road/Omao Road intersection, further identified as 4175 Omao Road, Tax Map Key 2-7-008:043, and containing a total area of 15,906 sq. ft.
All persons may present testimony for or against any application as public witnesses. Such testimony should be made in writing and presented to the Department prior to the hearing. Late written testimony may be submitted up to seven days after the close of the hearing in cases where the Commission does not take action on the same day as the hearing. Any party may be represented by counsel if he or she so desires. Also, individuals may appear on their own behalf, a member of a partnership may represent the partnership, and an officer or authorized employee of a corporation or trust or association may represent the corporation, trust or association. Petitions for intervenor status must be submitted to the Commission and the applicant at least seven days prior to the date of the hearing advertised herein and shall be in conformance with Chapter 4 of the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Planning Commission. Proposed plans and the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Planning Commission are available for inspection during normal business hours at the address above. Copies of the proposal may be mailed to any person willing to pay the required fees for copying and postage. Mailing requests may be made to the Department in writing at the address above. Special accommodations for those with disabilities are available upon request five days prior to the meeting date by contacting the Department at the information above. KAUAI PLANNING COMMISSION Angela Anderson, Chairperson, By Michael