COUNTY OF KAUAI PLANNING DEPARTMENT, LIHUE, KAUAI
4444 Rice St., Kapule Building, Lihue, Hawaii 96766. Tel: 241-4050. Pursuant to the provisions of State Land Use Commission Rules and Regulations and provisions of Chapter 8 of the Kauai County Code 1987, as amended: NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of a hearing to be held by the Planning Commission of the County of Kauai at the Lihue Civic Center, Moikeha Building, Meeting Rooms 2A and 2B, 4444 Rice Street, Lihue, Kauai on Tuesday, July 28, 2015, starting at 9:00 a.m. or soon thereafter to consider the following:
1. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-17, Use Permit U-2015-16 and Variance Permit V-2015-3 for the installation and to deviate from the height requirements for 12 antennas and associated improvements situated atop the Waialeale Wing of the Kauai Marriott Resort facility in Nawiliwili, further identified as 3610 Rice Street, Tax Map Key (4) 3-5-002: 002, and affecting a parcel approx. 32.79 acres in size.
2. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-18, Use Permit U-2015-17 and Variance Permit V-2015-4 to allow installation and height variance for a 70 ft. high stealth monopine tower and associated equipment on a parcel situated in Hanamaulu, along the mauka side of Kuhio Highway and approx. 900 ft. north of the Laukona Street/Kuhio Highway intersection, further identified as Tax Map Key (4) 3-8-002: 001, and affecting a 2,500 sq. ft. portion of a larger parcel approx. 1,114.913 acres in size.
3. A-2015-1: Request for State Land Use District Boundary Amendment from Agricultural District to Rural District.
ZA-2015-6: Request for County Zoning Amendment from Agriculture District (A) to Residential District (R-1).
Location: Kalaheo, Kauai. Located along the western side of Pu`u Road, approx. a quarter (1/4) mile west of the Pu`u Road/Papalina Road intersection and immediately adjacent to property identified as 2205 Pu`u Road, and containing a total area of 3.26 acres. Tax Map Key (4) 2-3-004: 006.
4. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-32, Use Permit U-2015-31 and Special Permit SP-2015-11 to allow conversion of an existing guest house into a homestay operation on a parcel located along Waiakalua Road in Kilauea, approx. ¼-mile south of the Waiakalua Road/Kuhio Highway intersection and further identified as 4670B Waiakalua Road, Tax Map Key (4) 5-1-005: 038, CPR Unit 3 and containing an area of 2.78 acres of a larger parcel.
5. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-33 and Use Permit U-2015-32 to operate a car wash facility on a parcel situated mauka of the Kuhio Highway/Kipuni Place intersection in Waipouli, further identified as Tax Map Key (4) 4-5-004: 003, and containing a total land area of 22,001 sq. ft.
6. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-34, Use Permit U-2015-33 and Variance Permit V-2015-5 to allow installation and height variance for a 80 feet high stealth monopine tower and associated equipment on a parcel located in Lihue, situated immediately adjacent to the Kukui Grove Cinema complex at the intersection of Haleko Road/Pua Loke Street, further identified as 4368 Kukui Grove Street, Tax Map Key (4) 3-3-006: 020 and affecting a 900 sq. ft. portion of a larger parcel approx. 94,370 sq. ft. in size.
7. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-35, Use Permit U-2015-34 and Special Permit SP-2015-12 to allow conversion of a portion of an existing residence and guest house into a homestay operation on a parcel located along Wailapa Road in Kilauea, approx. 1/3-mile makai of the Wailapa Road/Kuhio Highway intersection, further identified as 4328 C Wailapa Road, Tax Map Key (4) 5-1-005-015, CPR Unit 3, and affecting a 7.6 acre portion of a larger parcel approx. 22.1 acres in size.
8. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-36, Use Permit U-2015-35 and Special Permit SP-2015-13 to allow conversion of an existing guest house into a homestay operation on a parcel located along Kahili Makai Road in Kilauea, situated at the intersection with Kuhio Highway, further identified as 4387 Kahili Makai Road, Tax Map Key (4) 5-2-021-010, CPR Unit 3, and affecting a 3.838 acre portion of a larger parcel approx. 19.19 acres in size.
9. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2015-38, Use Permit U-2015-37 to allow conversion of an existing residence into a homestay operation on a parcel located along the southern side of Aka Road in Lawai, situated approx. 500 ft. east of the Hailima Road/Aka Road intersection, further identified as 3922 Aka Road, Tax Map Key (4) 2-6-13: 026, and containing a total area of 8, 050 sq. ft.
All persons may present testimony for or against any application as public witnesses. Such testimony should be made in writing and presented to the Department prior to the hearing. Late written testimony may be submitted up to seven days after the close of the hearing in cases where the Commission does not take action on the same day as the hearing. Any party may be represented by counsel if he or she so desires. Also, individuals may appear on their own behalf, a member of a partnership may represent the partnership, and an officer or authorized employee of a corporation or trust or association may represent the corporation, trust or association. Petitions for intervenor status must be submitted to the Commission and the applicant at least seven days prior to the date of the hearing advertised herein and shall be in conformance with Chapter 4 of the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Planning Commission. Proposed plans and the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Planning Commission are available for inspection during normal business hours at the address above. Copies of the proposal may be mailed to any person willing to pay the required fees for copying and postage. Mailing requests may be made to the Department in writing at the address above. Special accommodations for those with disabilities are available upon request five days prior to the meeting date by contacting the Department at the information above. KAUAI PLANNING COMMISSION Angela Anderson, Chairperson, By Michael A. Dahilig, Clerk of the Commission.