June 1, 2015
NOTICE TO PROVIDERS OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
The Department of Water Supply of the County of Hawai’i anticipates the need for professional services in the following categories for the fiscal year 2015-2016:
1. Accounting 10. Electrical Engineering
a. Accounting (General) a. Electrical Engineering (General)
b. Underwriter b. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
c. Water Rate Studies (SCADA)
2. Archaeology c. Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
3. Architecture 11. General Education and Training
4. Auditing a. Safety
5. Attorney b. Public Relations
a. General Attorney Services c. Human Resources
b. Bond Counsel 12. Geology
c. Water Law 13. Hydrology
6. Chemistry (Potable Water Quality Testing) 14. Industrial Hygiene (Industrial Hygienists)
7. Civil Engineering 15. Land Surveying
a. Civil Engineering (General) 16. Landscape Architecture
b. Geotechnical Engineering 17. Mechanical Engineering
c. Water Resource Engineering a. Mechanical Engineering (General)
d. Hydraulic Engineering b. Energy Specialists
e. Construction Management/Inspection 18. Microbiology (Potable Water Quality Testing)
8. Community Planning (EA/EIS) 19. Real Property Appraisal
9. Computer Science 20. Safety Engineering
a. Software a. Safety Trainers
b. Hardware b. Safety Inspections
c. Geographic Information Systems (GIS) 21. Structural Engineering
a. Structural Engineering (General)
b. Construction Management/Inspection
Those persons or firms interested and capable of providing the professional services required shall submit a letter of interest, together with a resume, to the Manager-Chief Engineer, Department of Water Supply, County of Hawai’i, 345 Kekuanao’a Street, Suite 20, Hilo, Hawai’i 96720.
The resume should include a description of the person or firm and statements of the qualifications and related experiences of the principals and staff members with supporting data as it relates to work performed in the drinking water industry, including, but not limited to, the following information:
1. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and the location of all its offices;
2. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five years;
3. The education, training, and other qualifications of key members of the firm;
4. A list of all projects and a brief description of the scope of the project, awarded within the last two (2) years. Include any corrective actions that were required and explain all responses to notices of deficiencies.
5. The names and phone numbers of up to five clients who may be contacted, including at least two for whom services were rendered during the preceding year; and
6. Any promotional or descriptive literature which the firm desires to submit.
The letter of interest and resume shall be submitted and received by the Office of the Manager-Chief Engineer. Responses will be continuously accepted through June 30, 2016. The letter ofinterest should list the disciplines from the above list for which interest is being expressed. The responses will be placed on file and considered for selection, as needs arise, in accordance with the State Procurement Code.
Quirino Antonio, Jr., P.E., Manager-Chief Engineer
Department of Water Supply, County of Hawai’i
The Department of Water Supply is an equal opportunity provider and employer.