DATE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3, 2015
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:30 A.M.
1. Resolution 15-140 Relating to the appointment of Jeannine A. Souki to serve on the Board of Review II for Real Property Tax Appeals of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 15-141 Relating to the reappointment of Robert K. Cundiff to serve on the Board of Parks and Recreation of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Bill 29 Relating to the real property tax exemption for child care centers. (Amending the real property tax exemption for child care centers.)
4. Bill 30 Relating to the real property tax exemption for credit unions. (Amending the real property tax exemption for credit unions.)
5. Bill 31 Relating to real property taxation of agricultural lands. (Amending the dedication of lands for agricultural use.)
6. Bill 35 Relating to real property taxation of transient accommodations. (Adding a “Transient accommodations” class of real property for tax purposes.)
7. Bill 39 Relating to real property tax deadlines. (Clarifying the requirements regarding the deadlines for documents and remittances required by Chapter 8 of the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu.)
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees on May 26 28, 2015; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
8. Bill 8 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Parks, Community and Customer Services Relating to public parks. (Addressing commercial activities at certain city beach parks.)
9. Bill 36 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget Relating to real property tax exemptions for homes. (Amending certain real property tax exemptions for homes.)
10. Bill 42 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget Establishing a fund to address mitigation costs relating to the construction of the transit project. (Creating a fund to receive and expend monies to mitigate negative economic impacts from the construction of the Honolulu High Capacity Transit project.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10:30 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3825. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10:30 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10:30 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the items listed in this notice are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please
call 768-3825 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR