|NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR), Division of Forestry and Wildlife, is authorized to manage and regulate public lands set apart as forest reserves as detailed in Chapter 183, Hawaii Revised Statues (HRS).
1. Addition of Tax Map Keys (2) 1-4-001: portion of 001 and (2) 1-5-001: portion of 001 comprising approximately 190.10 acres, to Hana Forest Reserve, Hana, Maui.
2. Withdrawal of Tax Map Keys (2) 1-4-001: portions of 003 and 004, comprising approximately 399.91 acres, from Hana Forest Reserve, Hana, Maui.
3. Withdrawal of Tax Map Key (2) 4-8-001: portion of 002, comprising approximately 1.28 acres, from West Maui Forest Reserve, Lahaina, Maui.
4. Withdrawal of Kaumahina State Wayside, Tax Map Key (2) 1-1-001: portion of 044, comprising approximately 7.80 acres, from Koolau Forest Reserve, Hana, Maui.
5. Withdrawal of Puaa Kaa State Wayside, Tax Map Keys (2) 1-2-001: portion of 003 and (2) 1-2-004: portion of 005, comprising approximately 1.712 acres, from Koolau Forest Reserve, Hana, Maui.
6. Withdrawal of Polipoli Spring State Recreation Area Tax Map Keys
DLNR will hold a public hearing to discuss the proposed Forest Reserve System changes at 5:30 pm, January 14, 2015, at the Pukalani Community Center (upstairs room), 91 Pukalani St, Pukalani, HI, 96768.
All interested persons are urged to attend the public hearing to present relevant information and individual opinion for the DLNR to consider. Persons unable to attend or wishing to present additional comments may mail written testimony postmarked no later than January 28, 2015 to the Forestry Program Manager, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, 1151 Punchbowl St., #325, Honolulu, HI 96813.
Any person requesting an auxiliary aid or service (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) is asked to contact Jan Pali at 808-587-4166 or through the Telecommunication Relay Service at 711 by January 7, 2015.