PUBLIC NOTICE OF
VARIANCE APPLICATION NO. WW 396
DOCKET NO. 14 – VWW – 15
Pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS) Section 342D-7(i), the State Department of Health (DOH) seeks written comments from interested persons regarding the following. Ms. Becky Choi, State Housing Development Administrator, Hawaii Public Housing Authority (HPHA) has applied for a variance for the maximum of five (5) years as stated in the variance application from Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR) section 11-62-31.1(a)(1)(D).
Mr. Roger Seibel, Project Manager, First Quality Building & Design, Inc., is the individual authorized to act for the applicant. The HPHA Lokahi Circle property is located at 24-030 Lokahi Circle, Hilo, Hawaii 96720, TMK (3) 2-4-052: 020.
The applicant has made the following comments.
1. Request for continued use of 9 septic tank systems exceeding 1,000 gpd and serving multiple dwelling units.
2. There is no current plan to hook up to the municipal sewer systems and no space for a wastewater treatment plant.
3. LCCs were upgraded to 9 septic tank systems with better treatment systems.
4. The variance is requested for the maximum of five (5) years.
5. This application is for a variance renewal.
Additional information has been attached to this application. If you would like to review the complete application, please visit the Wastewater Branch at 919 Ala Moana Blvd., Rm. 309, Hon., HI 96814-4920 or call us at telephone number (808) 586-4294. DOH will consider all written comments received within 30 days of this notice. If warranted, DOH may hold a public hearing on the application, after receipt of related documents and written comments, if any.
LINDA ROSEN, M.D., M.P.H.
Director of Health