DATE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2014
PLACE: MISSION MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM
ON THE GROUNDS OF HONOLULU HALE
550 S. KING STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
TIME: 2 P.M.
1. Confirmation of Appointments
a. Ken K. Hayashida, Planning Commission (MM-88)
b. Narsi A. Guzon, Liquor Commission (MM-89)
c. Audrey E. J. Ng, Ethics Board of Appeals (MM-90)
2. Bill 48, CD1 – Relating to public sidewalks. (Prohibiting, subject to exceptions, persons from sitting or lying on public sidewalks in areas zoned for commercial and business activities.)
3. Bill 49 – To rezone land situated at Lualualei Valley, Oahu, Hawaii. (Rezoning land from the AG-1 Restricted Agricultural District to the AG-2 General Agricultural District.) (Applicant: Corporationof the Presiding Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints)
4. Bill 51, CD1 – Relating to products for smoking. (Regulating the distribution and purchase of electronic smoking devices and tobacco products.)
5. Bill 52, CD1 – Relating to the Housing Code. (Protecting residential property and uses from unsafe and unsanitary conditions that prevent or impair the safe use and quiet enjoyment of residential property.)
6. Bill 53 – Relating to exemptions. (Amending provisions related to real property tax exemptions.)
7. Bill 54, CD1 – Relating to the real property tax credit. (Modifying the requirements regarding the real property tax credit for low-income homeowners.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 2 p.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3813. Each speaker shall not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to a three minute presentation.
Persons who have not registered to testify by 2 p.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. 15 copies are requested if written testimony is submitted on-site. If submitted, written testimony, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address and phone number, may be posted by the City Clerk and available to the public on the City’s DocuShare Website. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak.
Copies of the items listed in this notice are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3813 or send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR