NOTICE TO PROVIDERS OF APPRAISAL SERVICES
DEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
The State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR), Land Division, anticipates the need for professional appraisal services for the fiscal year 2014-2015 (July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015). The Division seeks properly licensed and qualified professional real property appraisers to submit the Statement of Qualifications and Expression of Interest form, (SoQ P-1), to provide appraisal services for various land valuations in the State of Hawaii during fiscal year 2014-2015.
Qualified individuals interested in being considered for selection for appraisal services are invited to submit a Statement of Qualifications and Expression of Interest within the time period specified below. A new statement must be signed and submitted pursuant to this Notice, even if you submitted a statement in the past. Appraisers from the same firm must submit separate statements. This application process is intended to pre-qualify applicants for consideration in the selection of appraisers for specific jobs during the coming fiscal year.
The Statement of Qualifications and Expression of Interest for Appraisal Services (DLNR LAND DIVISION Form SoQ P-1) can be downloaded from Department of Land and Natural Resources web site: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/ld/forms/ld-soq-form-p1.
SoQ Form P-1 requires applicants to provide relevant information including, but not limited to, the following:
1. Experience and professional qualifications relevant to real property appraisals and/or appraisal consulting for acquisitions, land valuations, lease rent reopenings, remnants, easements and market studies.
2. Past performance delivering appraisal services, including corrective actions and other responses to notices of deficiencies regarding specific projects.
3. Appraisal certification or licensure in the State of Hawaii.
4. Number of years conducting appraisals in the State of Hawaii.
Please note that the SoQ form P-1 must be completely filled out and submitted in order for an applicant to be considered for the fiscal year 2014 – 2015 qualified real property appraiser list. Additionally, applicants must:
1. Provide proof of licensure or certification in the State of Hawaii;
2. Not have had a contract cancelled for non-performance by DLNR-Land Division within the period of July 1, 2012 through May 31, 2014.
(Non-performance or cancelled contract reflects upon selection criteria #2 referenced below regarding past performance on appraisals of similar nature for public and private industry, including corrective actions and other responses to notices of deficiencies); and
3. Be registered and in compliance with Hawaii Compliance Express.
An original and 3 copies of: (i) applicant’s letter of interest, (ii) completed Statement of Qualifications and Expression of Interest form, and (iii) proof of real property appraisal licensure or certification in the State of Hawaii must be received at DLNR Land Division, 1151 Punchbowl Street, Room 220, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, before 4:00 p.m. on June 13, 2014 in order to be considered for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2014. No late applications will be accepted. Submittals must be mailed or hand delivered; submittals transmitted via electronic mail or facsimile will be not accepted.
Hand delivery addressed to:
DLNR/LAND DIVISION SoQ Applications
1151 Punchbowl Street, Rm. 220
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
U.S. Postal Service addressed to:
DLNR/LAND DIVISION SoQ Applications
P.O. Box 621
Honolulu, Hawaii 96809-0621
Under the requirements of §103D-304, Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS), professional services are subject to competitive selection.
Qualified List: Qualified responders to this solicitation will be placed on a list to provide such professional appraisal services and, as needs arise, will be considered for selection in accordance with §103D-304, HRS.
Confirmation of Receipt: Confirmation of the professional service that the applicant has been qualified for shall be emailed to applicant by
July 1, 2014.
* SELECTION PROCESS FOR AWARDS TO QUALIFYING APPRAISERS
As projects arise, selection criteria specific to the project shall be established and employed to select an appraiser for the project. A selection committee will review the submissions and evaluate them against the established criteria. Criteria employed in descending order of importance are:
1) Experience and professional qualifications relevant to the appraisal type, including state certified appraiser, historical work with similar appraisal assignments, and knowledge of appropriate appraisal methodologies;
2) Past performance on similar appraisal assignments completed for public and private industry, including public and private industry
recommendations, corrective actions, and any notices of default issued;
3) Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time; and
4) Other relevant criteria determined in writing by the selection committee to be relevant to the DLNR Land Division needs or necessary and appropriate to ensure full, open, and fair competition for professional appraisal services.
For more information or assistance, please contact Kent Allan Ma via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (808) 587-0456.
Contributions by State and County Contractors Prohibited – If awarded a contract in response to this solicitation, contractor agrees to comply with HRS §11-355, which states that campaign contributions are prohibited from a State and county government contractor during the term of the contract if the contractor is paid with funds appropriated by the legislative body between the execution of the contract through the completion of the contract. For more information, contact the Campaign Spending Commission at (808) 586-0285 or visit: http://hawaii.gov/campaign/
William J. Aila, Jr., Chairperson
Department of Land and Natural Resources