CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
THE PUBLIC IS INVITED to comment before the Salary Commission on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 1:30 p.m. in the Council Committee Meeting Room, Second Floor, Honolulu Hale, regarding the proposed salaries of the following elected and appointed officials of the City and County of Honolulu:
1. Mayor: 8% increase;
2. Councilmembers: 8% increase;
3. Prosecuting Attorney: 8% increase;
4. First Deputy Prosecuting Attorney: 8% increase;
5. Managing Director: 8% increase;
6. Deputy Managing Director: 8% increase;
7. Department Heads (excluding Police Chief, Fire Chief and Medical Examiner): 8% increase;
8. Police Chief: 8.4% increase;
9. Fire Chief: 8% increase;
10. Medical Examiner: 2% increase;
11. Deputy Department Heads (excluding Deputy Police Chiefs, Deputy Fire Chief and Deputy Medical Examiner): 8% increase;
12. Deputy Police Chiefs: 8.4% increase;
13. Deputy Fire Chief: 8% increase;
14. Deputy Medical Examiner: 2% increase;
15. Band Director: 2% increase;
16. Schedule of salaries of deputies of the corporation counsel: 8% increase; and
17. Schedule of salaries of deputies of the prosecuting attorney: 8% increase.
By Section 3-122 of the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu, the Salary Commission is charged with the responsibility of annually establishing the salaries and salary schedules for elected and appointed officials. The Commission establishes these salaries in accordance with the principles of adequate compensation for work performed, and preservation of a sensible relationship with the salaries of other city employees.
A public hearing has been scheduled to accommodate members of the public who wish to address the Salary Commission. Anyone wishing to speak at the public hearing may register as a speaker by calling 768-5086 or fax at 768-1172. Speakers are limited to 3 minutes for their oral testimony.
Anyone unable to attend may file a written statement in advance of the hearing. Correspondence may be addressed to Ms. Sara Buehler, Chair, Salary Commission, Honolulu Hale, 530 South King Street, Room 202, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813.
Sara Buehler, Chair