DATE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2014
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 2 P.M.
1. Confirmation of Appointment
a. Keone J. Nakoa, Civil Service Commission (MM-16)
2. Bill 1, CD1 – Relating to parking. (Authorizing certain parking stalls for mobile food vendors.)
3. Bill 6, CD1 – Relating to leasing of City affordable housing projects. (Providing new authority for the issuance of a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) under the City’s Honolulu Affordable Housing Preservation Initiative (“HAHPI”) in the event a transaction is not consummated thereunder before the repeal of Ordinance 12-12 on April 1, 2014.)
4. Resolution 14-28 – Establishing a City affordable housing strategy.
5. Resolution 13-168 and Resolution 13-168, Proposed CD1 – Amending the City policy with respect to household income thresholds for affordable for-sale and/or rental housing required by unilateral agreements.
6. Resolution 13-202 and Resolution 13-202, Proposed CD1 – Requesting that the Department of Planning and Permitting amend its affordable housing rules for unilateral agreements.
7. a. Bill 68 (2013) – To rezone land situated at Waimalu, Oahu, Hawaii. (Rezone land from B-2 Community Business District with a 60-foot height limit to the BMX-3 Community Business Mixed Use District with a 350-foot height limit.) (Applicant: CP Kam Properties)
b. Resolution 14-30 – Accepting the Development Agreement between the City and County of Honolulu and CP Kam Properties, LLC for the Live, Work, Play Aiea Project and authorizing the City and County of Honolulu to enter into the same.
8. Bill 4 – Relating to the use of indigenous and Polynesian introduced plants in public landscaping. (Providing for the use of indigenous and Polynesian introduced plants in public landscaping.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 2 p.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www1.honolulu.gov/council/attnspkph.htm, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3820. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www1.honolulu.gov/council/emailph.htm. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 2 p.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 2 p.m. will be givenan opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Communication, Bills, Resolutions and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Any physically challenged person requiring special assistance should call 768-3820 for details at least one day prior to the meeting date.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR