DATE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2013
PLACE: KAPOLEI HALE
CONFERENCE ROOMS A, B, AND C
1000 ULUOHIA STREET
KAPOLEI, HAWAII 96707
TIME: 2 PM
1. Confirmation of Appointments
a. Pamela Witty-Oakland, Director, Department of Community Services (MM-10)
b. Toni P. Robinson, Director, Department of Parks and Recreation (MM-22)
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees on February 12 to 14, 2013; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
2. Bill 78 (2012) and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on PublicSafety and Economic Development – Relating to palmistry. (Repealing the City’s regulation of palmistry in the City and County of Honolulu.)
3. Bill 5 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Parks – Relating to public parks. (Addressing activities at City parks.)
4. Bill 58 (2012) and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget – Relating to the island-wide fare structure. (Establishing new bus fares for certain bus riders.)
5. Bill 4 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget – Relating to the Grants in Aid Fund. (Creating a fund to receive and expend monies to be used by the City to award grants in aid to federal income tax exempt non-profit organizations.)
6. Bill 76 (2012) and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – To rezone land situated at Kapahulu, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii. (Rezoning land from the R-3.5 Residential District to the B-1 Neighborhood Business District.) (Applicant: Kee Thelma, Inc.)
7. Bill 3 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – Relating to the disposal of weeds, garbage, trash and waste from property. (Encouraging compliance with City laws related to the clearing of weeds, garbage, trash and waste from property by strengthening sanctions against noncompliance with such laws.)
8. Bill 1 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Intergovernmental Affairs and Human Services – Relating to the keeping of animals. (Promoting food sustainability, providing standards for the keeping of animals, and increasing the number of chicken hens that may be kept.)
Prior to the Day of the Meeting
Persons wishing to testify on the above-mentioned public hearing items may register by Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. as follows:
a. On Line at http://www.honolulu.gov/council/attnspkph.htm;
b. By faxing to 768-3826 your name, phone number and subject matter;
c. By filling out the registration form in person; or
d. By calling 768-3820.
On-site on the Day of the Meeting
Registration on-site for the above-mentioned public hearing items will be from 7:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Persons who have not registered to testify by the deadline will be given an opportunity to speak on an item following oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
Each speaker shall not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to a three-minute presentation.
WRITTEN TESTIMONY – Prior to the Day of the Meeting
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or e-mailed at http://www.honolulu.gov/council/emailph.htm for distribution at the meeting.
15 copies are requested if written testimony is submitted on-site.
By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. Refer to “SPEAKER REGISTRATION” procedures above.
If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address and phone number, may be posted by the City Clerk and available to the public on the City’s DocuShare Website.
Copies of the Communications, Bills and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Any physically challenged person requiring special assistance should call 768-3820 for details at least one day prior to the meeting date.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR