DATE: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30, 2013
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 2 P.M.
1. Confirmation of Appointments
a. Ember L. Shinn, Managing Director (MM-1)
b. Michael D. Formby, Director, Department of Transportation Services (MM-2)
c. Clark L. K. Bright, Bandmaster, Royal Hawaiian Band (MM-3)
d. Ross S. Sasamura, Chief Engineer, Department of Facility Maintenance (MM-4)
e. Mark K. Rigg, Director, Honolulu Emergency Services Department (MM-5)
f. Lori M. K. Kahikina, Director, Department of Environmental Services (MM-6)
g. Chris T. Takashige, Director, Department of Design and Construction (MM-7)
h. Sherilyn T. Kajiwara, Director, Department of Customer Services (MM-8)
i. Carolee C. Kubo, Director, Department of Human Resources (MM-9)
Public hearing on the below listed Resolution 12-325 and any amendments proposed thereto is to fulfill provisions of the budget proviso in Ordinance 12-20 for the Sand Island Wastewater Treatment Plant Solids Handling Project.
2. Resolution 12-325 and any amendments proposed thereto – Relating to the budget proviso for the Sand Island Wastewater Treatment Plant Solids Handling Project.
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees on January 22 to 24, 2013; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
3. Bill 73 (2012) and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget – Relating to approval of Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plans. (Amending the requirements for review and approval of the Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan.)
4. Bill 74 (2012) and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – Relating to the Building Code. (Amending Chapter 16 of the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, as amended, with respect to stairway doors.)
5. Bill 75 (2012) and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – Relating to hotels. (Amending Chapter 21, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, as amended (The Land Use Ordinance), permitting certain (limited service) hotels in the BMX-3 business mixed used district.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 2 p.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/council/attnspkph.htm, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3820. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or you may e-mail your testimony by going to http://www.honolulu.gov/council/emailph.htm for the e mail contact. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 2 p.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 2 p.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Communications, Resolution, Bills and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Any physically challenged person requiring special assistance should call 768-3820 for details at least one day prior to the meeting date.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR