DATE: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2012
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 2 P.M.
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees on November 27 to 29, 2012; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
1. Confirmation of Appointments
a. Caroldean Kahue, Ethics Board of Appeals (MM-129)
b. Gary Okino, Ethics Board of Appeals (MM-132)
2. Bill 72 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Safety, Economic Development and Government Affairs Committee – Relating to smoking. (Amending the prohibition of smoking in certain places.)
3. Bill 57, FD1 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Parks and Cultural Affairs Committee – Relating to animal control laws. (Amending portions of the animal control law.)
4. Bill 69 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Budget Committee – Relating to rental assistance. (Modifying requirement concerning the rental assistance fund.)
5. Bill 60 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Public Works and Sustainability Committee – Relating to private streets and roads. (Authorizing the City to install and maintain certain infrastructure improvements, on private streets and roads to protect public health and safety.)
6. Bill 71 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Public Works and Sustainability Committee – Relating to street lighting. (Amending the requirements for City or City-approved street lighting fixtures to minimize light pollution and glare.)
7. Bill 68 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Zoning and Planning Committee – Relating to the fees and permits for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Sidewalk codes to repeal the exemption of permit fees for photovoltaic solar electric power systems. (Repealing the exemption of permit fees for photovoltaic solar electric power systems from the payment of certain permit fees.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 2 p.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/council/attnspkph.htm, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3820. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or you may e-mail your testimony by going to http://www.honolulu.gov/council/emailph.htm for the e mail contact. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 2 p.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 2 p.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Communications, Bills and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Any physically challenged person requiring special assistance should call 768-3820 for details at least one day prior to the meeting date.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR