NOTICE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
The County of Kaua’i, under an exempt HRS 103D process (#12-SPO7-09/10), hereby provides public notice to invite persons engaged in the services listed below to submit current statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for the fiscal year 2009-2010:
A. OFFICE OF THE MAYOR:
1. Services of a Professional State of Hawai’i Lobbyist Firm.
Brief Description of professional service and qualifications required.
Development of lobbying strategies for the County of Kaua’i to include identifying funding opportunities working with and providing access to key decisions makers at the State Legislature, testifying as need be on the County’s behalf, monitoring and assessing programs of the State of Hawai’i to identify strategic opportunities related to County priorities. Assist with the review and/or drafting of submissions to the State Legislature as necessary. Responsible for regular status reports and other reports to the County as required, and attend County Council meetings and public forums as requested.
Estimated cost: $50,000.00
Estimated Contract Time: One year
Contact person: Wallace Rezentes, Director of Finance, (808) 241-4205
The process for evaluation and award of a contract for professional services will be applied (HRS 103D-304).
Consultants who are interested and capable of providing the professional services listed shall submit a letter of interest, plus an original and four (4) copies of their resume to:
Director of Finance
Division of Purchasing
4444 Rice Street, Rm 303
Lihue, HI 96766
Resumes should include:
1. Reference to this Notice by noting “#X2-PROF-09/10” on the cover page of each resume, AND the name of the department and service that the resume is to be directed to.
2. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices.
3. A description or narrative of the firm and statements of qualifications (education, training, licenses, credentials) and experiences of the principals and staff members to be involved, and supporting data as it relates to the proposed projects.
4. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five (5) years.
5. A list of similar projects undertaken and completed within the last five (5) years (including dates), the amount of the projects, owners of the projects and the scope of work performed.
6. The names of up to five (5) clients who may be contacted, including at least two (2) for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
7. Capacity to complete the work in the required time.
8. Any other pertinent data that should or may be considered in the evaluation of the firm’s qualifications.
Resumes may be amended at any time by filing a new statement. Any change in resumes that will be cause for disqualifying the firm from consideration for award shall be immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
Awards shall be electronically posted on the County of Kauai website within seven (7) days of the contract award: http://kauai.gov ;follow: Departments/Agencies; Finance; Purchasing Division; Procurement Disclosures.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), September 21, 2009. Late submissions will be returned. Risk of late delivery shall lie with the sender.
Wallace Rezentes, Jr.
Director of Finance
County of Kauai