DATE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2009
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 2 P.M.
1. Confirmation of Appointment
a. Hakim Ouansafi, Civil Service Commission (MM-110)
2. Bill 61, CD1 – Relating to meeting facilities in industrial districts. (Removing the 1,000-foot separation and 3-month vacancy restrictions for meeting facilities located in industrial districts.)
3. Bill 63 – Relating to real property tax exemption for affordable rental housing. (Providing real property tax relief to qualified owners of affordable rental housing.)
4. Bill 65 – Relating to real property taxation. (Increasing the amount of the penalty for failing to comply with the home exemption reporting requirements; Revising for clarity the definition and requirements for the home exemption; and Requiring that a taxpayer provide, upon request, a photocopy of or submit for inspection, a current, valid government-issued identification containing a photo and the date of birth, such as a Hawaii state drivers license, a Hawaii state identification card, or a passport in order to qualify for certain home exemptions.)
5. Resolution 09-252 – Initiating amendments to the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu 1973, as amended, relating to the creation of a public transit authority.
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 2 p.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/council/attnspkph.htm, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or you may e-mail your testimony by going to http://www.honolulu.gov/council/emailph.htm for the e-mail contact. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 2 p.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 2 p.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Communication, Bills, Resolution and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Any physically challenged person requiring special assistance should call 768-3814 for details at least one day prior to the meeting date.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TODD K. APO, CHAIR