NOTICE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Pursuant to the provisions of HRS 103D, the County of Kauai hereby provides public notice to invite persons engaged in the professional services listed below to submit current statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for the fiscal year 2009 – 2010:
A. DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL:
1. Drug and alcohol testing/Medical Review Officer services (Biological Sciences – Toxicology). Conduct workplace drug and alcohol testing services in accordance with all legal requirements such as but not limited to privacy, chain of custody, reporting, random selection services, job site collection services, for safety sensitive positions, positions requiring DOT drug collections (CDL) and breath alcohol, positions which do not require a CDL, and pre-employment drug testing. For CDL and safety sensitive positions, testing services must be provided by a certified laboratory meeting the established federal guidelines. For other positions, testing services must be provided by a licensed medical laboratory which meets the requirements established by the State of Hawaii. Interested firms must have at least five (5) years of experience in this field, meet all of the laboratory certification requirements, and submit a listing of companies from the State of Hawaii with which this service has been provided.
Estimated Cost: Cost will depend on usage. Employee cost to be paid by the respective county departments/agencies. Applicant cost to be paid by individual.
Estimated Contract Term: 1 year
2. Substance abuse professional services (Social Science, Psychology and Welfare). Counseling and assessment services for employees who test positive in connection with established drug and alcohol testing program. Services provided on an as needed basis, seven days per week, 24 hours per day on Kauai. Interested parties must have on staff at least two certified substance abuse professionals or equivalent personnel such as but not limited to social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc. Interested persons or firms must have at least (5) years of experience in this field and submit a listing of companies from the State of Hawaii with which this service has been provided.
Estimated Cost: Cost will depend on usage. All authorized costs associated with this service shall be paid by the respective county department/agency.
Estimated Contract Term: 1 year
Contact Person: Malcolm C. Fernandez, Director; or Verna Bacarro, 241-4959.
B. DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS – ENGINEERING DIVISION:
1. Planning and design services for offices within the Piikoi Building. Development of plans, specifications, contract documents and construction cost estimate for the design of the vacant space within the Piikoi Building of the Lihu’e Civic Center for administrative offices of the County of Kaua’i Fire Department, structure for a new mezzanine and general offices.
Qualifications Required: registered professional architect, licensed in the State of Hawai’i with a minimum of 10 years experience in the design of office spaces, internal renovations, structural steel and related State of Hawai’i licensed support engineering and a minimum of 5 years experience in the preparation and securing of permit, procurement and related documents for state and county government work
Estimated Cost: $ 450,000.00
Contract Duration: 180 calendar days.
Contact: Ken Teshima phone: (808) 241-4992.
Consultants who are interested and capable of providing the professional services listed shall submit one (1) original and four (4) copies of a letter of interest and resume to:
Director of Finance
Division of Purchasing
4444 Rice Street, Rm 303
Lihue, HI 96766
Resumes should include:
1. Reference to this Notice by noting “#2-PROF-09/10” on the cover page of each resume, AND the name of the department and service that the resume is to be directed to.
2. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices.
3. A description or narrative of the firm and statements of qualifications (education, training, licenses, credentials) and experiences of the principals and staff members to be involved, and supporting data as it relates to the proposed projects.
4. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five (5) years.
5. A list of similar projects undertaken and completed within the last five (5) years (including dates), the amount of the projects, owners of the projects and the scope of work performed.
6. The names of up to five (5) clients who may be contacted, including at least two (2) for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
7. Capacity to complete the work in the required time.
8. Any other pertinent data that should or may be considered in the evaluation of the firm’s qualifications.
Resumes may be amended at any time by filing a new statement. Any change in resumes that will be cause for disqualifying the firm from consideration for award shall be immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
Awards shall be electronically posted on the County of Kauai website within seven (7) days of the contract award: http://kauai.gov ; follow: Departments/Agencies; Finance; Purchasing Division; Procurement Disclosures.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), Thursday, August 13, 2009. Late submissions will be returned. Risk of late delivery shall lie with the sender.
Wallace Rezentes, Jr.
Director of Finance
County of Kauai