NOTICE TO ATTORNEYS
INTERESTED IN PROVIDING LEGAL SERVICES
TO THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAI´I
The University of Hawai´i hereby invites licensed attorneys to submit expressions of interest and statements of qualifications to provide legal services on a contract basis as the need arises for the fiscal year commencing July 1, 2009.
At minimum, the University anticipates the need to contract for legal services in the following areas:
Administrative Law Family Law Procurement Law
Admiralty Federal Government Product Liability
Antitrust Contracting Public Financing, including
Appellate Practice Federal Legislation Bond Counsel, Lease
Aviation Federal-State Relations Financing
Banking Fiduciary Duties Public Records Law
Bankruptcy and Relationships Public Meeting Law
Cable Television Hospital/Health Law Public Utilities
Civil Rights Immigration Real Property
Collections Information and Rule Drafting
Commercial Law Computer Technology Securities Law
Complex Civil Litigation Insurance Law Surety Law
Constitutional Law Intellectual Property State Legislation
Construction Law International Law Taxation
Contract Law Labor Law Telecommunications
Defamation Land Use, including Zoning Torts
Eminent Domain Landlord/Tenant Transportation Law
Employment Law Maritime Unfair & Deceptive Acts
Energy Law Medical Malpractice Water Rights
Environmental Law Military Law Workers’ Compensation
Estates & Trusts Negligent Misrepresentation
Attorneys interested in being retained to provide legal services in these areas, or any other area of practice which an attorney wishes to suggest might be needed, should submit a letter of interest together with a statement of qualifications which includes the following information:
1. The name, business address, telephone and fax number(s), and e-mail address of the attorney.
2. The name of the law firm with which the attorney is affiliated, if any, the number of years the attorney has been with the firm, whether the attorney is a partner, shareholder or employee of the firm, and what, if any, special practice units are part of the firm.
3. A summary of the attorney’s educational and employment background.
4. The jurisdictions (state and courts) in which the attorney is licensed and authorized to practice.
5. A brief description of other staff and facilities available to the attorney, including secretarial and paralegal support, and other attorneys.
6. The range of hourly rates charged by the attorney, and a summary of the types and amounts of costs charged by the firm.
7. The area(s) of practice in which the attorney is interested in being retained with a brief summary of the attorney’s experience and types of cases/matters the attorney has handled.
Letters of interest and statements of qualifications should be sent to:
Office of Procurement and Real Property Management
1400 Lower Campus Road, Room 15
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
Attorneys from the same firm wishing to be considered must submit separate statements.
There is no deadline for submission. The University conducts a continuous recruitment for the aforementioned legal services.
All questions pertaining to this solicitation may be directed to Mr. Kurt Minato, telephone (808) 956-7159.
President, University of Hawai’i