County of Maui
Notice to Providers of Professional Services
For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2009 and ending June 30, 2010, the County of Maui anticipates the need for professional services.
The selection of professional services may be made in accordance with Section 103D-304, Hawaii Revised Statutes, which provides that the selection of professionals may be through a list of qualified applicants. Persons engaged in providing professional services are invited to submit statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for evaluation and inclusion on a list of qualified professionals. The statements shall include the following at a minimum:
(1) The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices;
(2) The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past years;
(3) The education, training, and qualifications of key members of the firm;
(4) The names and phone numbers of up to five clients who may be contacted, including at least two for whom services were rendered during the preceding year; and
(5) Any promotional or descriptive literature which the firm desires to submit. Firms or persons may amend statements of qualifications at any time by filing a new statement and shall immediately inform the head of the purchasing agency of any change in their submission that would disqualify the firm or person from being considered for a contract award.
Also, a list of projects or services provided to the County will be helpful for the County to determine the qualifications of the applicant. To be considered for selection, consultants must express interest in the specific projects for which they are qualified. Simply stating interest in “all projects” is not acceptable.
1 original and 6 copies of 1 submittal (One submittal for all jobs/all departments), shall be received no later than 4:30 p.m., June 25, 2009, at the Purchasing Division of the County of Maui, 2145 Wells Street Suite 104, Wailuku, HI. 96793. Please do not submit separate submittals for each department. Also, please provide all relevant information in as concise a manner as possible.
The budgeted consultant fees for projects listed below are categorized as follows: Category A – Less than $25,000; Category B – $25,000 to $50,000; Category C – $50,000 to $150,000; Category D $150,000 to $300,000; Category E – Over $300,000;
Following are the projected Capital Improvement projects and other professional services needs that we know of as of now or may need. As priorities change, there inevitably will be additions, deletions, and other unanticipated changes to the projects listed below. If new projects arise which require skill sets that are not adequately available within our existing list, we will re-advertise at that time to supplement the existing list:
Department of Public Works, Engineering Division
1. Surveying – Topography, boundary, subdivision, maps, easements, descriptions. Categories A, B, & C.
2. Design – civil/structural engineering projects. C, D, & E.
3. Design/planning/permitting – Federal aid civil/structural
Engineering Projects. D & E.
4. Construction management – Federal aid Projects. D & E.
5. Appraisals for land acquisition, easements. A, B & C.
6. Design mechanical/electrical/architectural – county facilities. A, B, C, & D.
7. Traffic studies at various locations. A, B, C, & D.
8. Geotechnical engineering (A,B,C)
9. Archaeological services (inventories, monitoring) (A, B, C)
10. Bridge Inspection (A, B, C)
11. Title Search and Escrow Services (A, B, C)
12. Landscape Architect (A, B, C)
13. Environmental and permits (A, B, C, D)
14. Energy conservation consultant (A, B, C)
Department of Environmental Management, Wastewater Division
1. Kihei WWPS No. 2 Modifications (Category D)
2. Kihei WWPS No. 6 Odor Control and Wet Well Rehabilitation (Category B)
3. Leisure Estates WWPS Modifications (Category D)
4. Kahului Force Main Replacement (Category D)
5. Wailuku Force Main Replacement (Valve Box to WWRF) (Category C)
6. Lahaina No. 2 Force Main Replacement (Category E)
7. Lahaina WWRF UV Disinfection System Expansion/Upgrade (Category D)
8. Lahaina WWRF Nutrient Removal Modifications (Category D)
9. EPA Consent Decree Compliance Projects (Category E)
10. Countywide EPA Consent Decree WWRF Renovation Projects (Category E)
11. Consent Decree Sewer Rehabilitation – Lahaina (Category E)
12. Consent Decree Sewer Rehabilitation – Central Maui (Category E)
13. Miscellaneous Mechanical Improvements/Rehab Projects (Category C)
14. Miscellaneous Electrical Improvements/Rehab Projects (Category C)
15. Miscellaneous Structural Improvements/Rehab Projects (Category C).
16. Miscellaneous Civil Improvements/Rehab Projects (Category C).
17. Miscellaneous Survey Improvements/Rehab Projects (Category C).
18. Miscellaneous Software Programming/Consulting Projects (Category C).
Department of Environmental Management, Solid Waste Division
1. Landfill Gas Monitoring Probe Network Design Improvements for Various Landfills (Category A)
2. Aerial Topographic Surveys of Various Landfills (Category A).
3. Topographic Surveys of Various Landfills (Category A).
4. Annual Storm Water, Landfill leachate, air, and landfill gas laboratory chemical analysis for various landfills (Category-A).
5. Hydrology Study/Drainage Master Plan to evaluate existing drainage systems for various landfills (Category A).
6. HELP Model Update to meet landfill permit requirements for various landfills (Category A).
7. Groundwater monitoring well location and design – various landfills (Category B)
8. Preliminary Engineering report for a materials recovery facility for construction and demolition waste (Category B).
9. Preliminary Engineering report and design of renewable power at various landfills (Category B).
10. Hana Landfill Borrow Pit Slope Stability Analysis and Operations Plan (Category B).
11. Central Maui Landfill Phase IV Gas Collection Design (Category C).
Department of Parks and Recreation
1. Eddie Tam Gym Lighting/Electrical Engineering (Category A)
2. Countywide ADA Improvements/Architectural/Civil (Category C)
Department of Planning/Planning Related Services
1. Miscellaneous Planning related projects.
1. Uluniu road and Ewa Place Waterline replacement – design. (Category C)
2. East Olinda Road Tank replacement – design (Category E)
3. Piiholo Water Treatment Plant Organic Carbon Reduction – design (Category D)
4. Piiholo Water Treatment Plant Control System Upgrade/design (Category D)
5. Waikamoi Flume Replacement/design (Category E)
6. Molokai Mobile Backup Generator/design (Category D)
7. Kaupakalua Road Waterline replacement/design (Category C)
8. Lahaina Water Treatment Plant Backwash Water Recovery/design (Category C)
9. Kameeui Place Waterline Replacement/design (Category B)
10. Wailuku-Kahului Source Improvement/Design of a new well (Category E)
11. Kanoa, Oihana & Pikale Place Waterline replacement/design (Category C)
12. Upper Kimo Drive Waterline Replacement (Category C)
13. Misc projects/public appeals to the Board of Water supply on the DWS Director’s Decision
Mayor’s Office & MIS Division
1. Emergency Management Center – Planning and Design work to include the land use entitlement process and development of construction specifications. (Category E).
2. Architectural Services for various small projects (Categories A & B)
1. Construction Management Services for the Kihei Police Station (Category E)
Department of Civil Defense
Potential projects. Funding categories unknown at this time:
1 Technical Interoperability Communications Plan validation, exercise and training
2 Community Emergency Response Team coordination and management
3 Emergency evacuation planning and plan development
4 Emergency shelter development and planning
5 Grant coordination and management
6 National Response Framework, National Incident Management System (NIMS), and Incident Command System (ICS) documentation and accountability
7 Incident Command System (ICS), and other All-hazard training and exercise planning and coordination
8 Other various Homeland Security related initiatives requiring planning and development
Department of Transportation
1. Bus Stops & Shelters – Planning/Design/Permit Mgt/Project Mgt (Category C)
Other Professional Service Categories
This category includes areas in which we will likely have either unanticipated or small $ projects:
1. Surveyors, Architects, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
2. Planning Consultants – for land acquisition work, environmental assessments, or other related work.
3. Court Reporting Services
4. Collection consultant services (for analysis and recommendations for establishing the most cost effective and efficient collection practices)
Director of Finance