NOTICE TO PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FIRMS
The University of Hawaii is seeking qualified professional firms to provide services in the following areas of disciplines for the fiscal year commencing July 1, 2009: Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Professional Engineering, Planning, Construction/Project Management, Cost Estimating, Development Implementation, Land Surveying, Aerial Surveying, Real Property Appraisal, Environmental Assessment/Impact Studies, Project Development Reports, Facilities Asset Management Planning, Capital Planning, Commissioning, Traffic Planning, Archaeological Assessment, Community Relations, Environmental/Industrial Monitoring, Elevators/Escalators, Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM), Underground Storage Tanks (UST), Lead Containing Paints (LCP) and Hazardous Environmental. Projects will include repair and maintenance projects, capital improvements program projects, and various types of planning projects located at all University of Hawaii campuses statewide, University-owned properties, extension sites, facilities for research, public service, and other institutional programs.
The selection of firms for projects initiated by the University shall be made from the University’s List of Qualified Professionals. The list will be established by responses to this request for qualifications.
Professionals interested in being considered for selection must electronically file their qualifications at www.hawaii.edu/oci. There is no deadline for the filinq of qualifications. The University conducts continuous recruitment for the aforementioned professional services.
Additionally, all firms interested in qualifying for projects dealing with ACM, UST, LCP and Hazardous Environmental, must complete the Supplemental Information – Specialization section. Only those firms filing complete supplemental information and meeting the minimum requirements as specified therein shall be considered for hazardous materials and/or underground storage projects.
Subject to legislative budget appropriation and allotment of funds by the Governor, the University intends to procure architectural/engineering and planning services, including development of construction documents, field/facility investigations, interview, permit approvals, material review, construction review and other related services for the following projects systemwide:
UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (INCLUDING UNIVERSITY-OWNED PROPERTIES, EXTENSION SITES AND FACILITIES FOR RESEARCH, PUBLIC SERVICE AND OTHER INSTITUTIONAL PROGRAMS), UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO, UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII-WEST OAHU, AND COMMUNITY COLLEGES (HAWAII, HONOLULU, KAPIOLANI, KAUAI, LEEWARD, MAUl, WINDWARD)
1. Repair/Renovate/Reroof/Various Buildings
2. Repair/Repaint Exterior/Interior, Various Buildings
3. Repair/Resurface/Restripe Parking, Roadways and Walkways
4. Repair/Replace/Upgrade Air Conditioning, Various Buildings
5. Repair/Replace/Upgrade Electrical Systems, Various Buildings
6. Repair/Replace/Upgrade Mechanical Systems, Various Buildings
7. Repair/Replace/Upgrade Maintain/lnspect Elevators/Escalators, Various Buildings
8. Asbestos/Lead Paint Abatement, Various Buildings
9. Removal of Underground Storage Tanks
10. Hazardous Material(s) Assessment & Removal
11. Land/Aerial Surveying
12. Environmental Assessment
13. Landscape Architecture
14. Repair/Renovate Site Utilities
15. Construction of New Structures/Facilities
16. Commissioning and/or Retro-Commissioning
17. Facility Forensic Assessment
18. Repair/Replace Interior Furnishings
19. Master Plan Development
20. Development of Project Development Reports
21. Facilities Asset Management Planning
22. Capital Planning
23. Market and Financial Feasibility Studies
24. Developer Selection and Implementation Services
25. Community Relations
All questions pertaining to this solicitation may be directed to the University of Hawaii Office of Capital Improvements at (808) 956-7935.
President, University of Hawaii
(SB128197 6/10, 6/12/09)~