NOTICE TO PROVIDERS OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
The Department of Water Supply of the County of Hawai’i anticipates the need for professional services in the following categories for the fiscal year 2009-2010:
1. Accounting 14.General Education and Training
2. Accounting (Underwriter) a. Safety
3. Accounting (Water Rate Studies) b. Public Relations
4. Archaeology c. Human Resources
5. Architecture 15. Geology
6. Architecture (Landscape) 16. Hydrology
7. Auditing 17. Industrial Hygiene (Industrial Hygienists)
8. Chemistry (Potable Water Quality Testing) 18. Land Surveying
9. Civil Engineering 19. Law
10. Computer Science 20. Law (Bond Counsel)
a. Software 21. Mechanical Engineering
b. Hardware 22. Mechanical Engineering (Energy Specialists)
c. Geographic Information Systems (GIS) 23. Microbiology (Potable Water Quality Testing)
11. Electrical Engineering 24. Real Property Appraisal
12. Electrical Engineering (SCADA) 25. Safety Engineering (Safety Trainers/Safety Inspections)
13. Electrical Engineering (Energy Specialists)
Those persons or firms interested and capable of providing the professional services required shall submit a letter of interest, together with a resume, to the Manager, Department of Water Supply, County of Hawai’i, 345 Kekuanao’a Street, Suite 20, Hilo, Hawai’i 96720.
The resume should include a description of the person or firm and statements of the qualifications and related experiences of the principals and staff members with supporting data as it relates to work performed in the drinking water industry, including, but not limited to, the following information:
1. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and the location of all its offices;
2. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five years;
3. The education, training, and other qualifications of key members of the firm;
4. The names and phone numbers of up to five clients who may be contacted, including at least two for whom services were rendered during the preceding year; and
5. Any promotional or descriptive literature which the firm desired to submit.
The letter of interest and resume shall be submitted and received by the Office of the Manager. Responses will be continuously accepted through June 30, 2010. The letter of interest should list the disciplines from the above list for which interest is being expressed. The responses will be placed on file and considered for selection, as needs arise, in accordance with the State Procurement Code.
Milton D. Pavao, P.E., Manager
Department of Water Supply, County of Hawai’i
The Department of Water Supply is an equal opportunity provider and employer.