DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 27, 2009
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 2 P.M.
1. Bill 71 (2008), CD1 – Honouliuli zone change. (Rezoning land from AG-1 Restricted Agricultural District and R-5 Residential District, to I-2 Intensive Industrial District with a 60-foot height limit.) (Applicant: Ewa Industrial Park, LLC)
2. Resolution 09-93, CD1 – Amending the City and County of Honolulu fuel tax. (Setting the City and County of Honolulu fuel tax for biodiesel fuel and mixtures containing twenty percent or more of biodiesel with diesel or other fuels at eleven and one-fourth (11¼) cents per gallon and the rate for all other liquid fuels at nineteen and one-half (19½) cents per gallon.)
3. Bill 37, CD1 – Relating to telecommunications facilities on City property. (Setting fee schedules for licenses for telecommunications facilities on City property and allowing non-monetary compensation for siting of telecommunications facilities on City property.)
4. Bill 39 and any proposed amendments proposed thereto by the Budget Committee -Relating to the real property tax exemption for schools. (Modifying the requirements regarding the real property tax exemption for schools.)
Bill 39 has been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the City Council Budget Committee; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on the Bill or any amendments proposed thereto.
5. Resolution 09-170, CD1 – Authorizing the Chief of Police of the City and County of Honolulu to apply for, receive, and expend as appropriate funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009: Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Formula Program.
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 2 p.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/council/attnspkph.htm, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or you may e-mail your testimony by going to http://www.honolulu.gov/council/email-ph.htm for the e mail contact. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 2 p.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 2 p.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Bills and Resolutions and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Any physically challenged person requiring special assistance should call 768-3814 for details at least one day prior to the meeting date.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TODD K. APO, CHAIR