NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DLNR), is authorized to manage and regulate public lands set apart as forest reserves as detailed in Chapter 183, Hawaii Revised Statues (HRS). Pursuant to HRS Sections 183-12 and 183-13, DLNR provides notice of public hearing for five proposed changes affecting the area of government forest reserve lands:
1. Removal of TMK parcels (1) 5-9-006:003 & 007 (approximately 28 acres), historically referred to as Water Reserve Parcels A & B respectively, from Pupukea Forest Reserve, Ko’olau Loa District, O’ahu, to be set aside to State Parks.
2. Addition of TMK parcels (1) 4-1-008:013, (1) 4-1- 010:074, 091, & 093, and (1) 4-2-010: portion of 001 (approximately 2000 acres) at Ko’olau Poko District, O’ahu to Waimanalo Forest Reserve.
3. Addition of TMK parcel (1) 4-2-005:001 (approximately 209 acres), previously designated as Mount Olomana State Monument at Ko’olau Poko District, O’ahu, to Waimanalo Forest Reserve.
4. Addition of TMK parcels (1) 8-3-001:009 & 018 (approximately 584 acres), previously designated as Makua-Kea’au Public Hunting Area, at Wai’anae District, O’ahu, to Makua-Kea’au Forest Reserve.
5. Removal of TMK (1) 7-2-001:006 (portion – approximately 1300 acres), from the ’Ewa Forest Reserve (Poamoho section), Wahiawa District, O’ahu, to be set aside to the proposed Poamoho Natural Area Reserve.
DLNR will hold a public hearing to discuss these proposed Forest Reserve additions at 5:30 pm on May 26th, 2009 at the Kalanimoku Building, Room 132, 1151 Punchbowl Street, Honolulu.
All interested persons are urged to attend the public hearing to present relevant information and individual opinion for the DLNR to consider. Persons unable to attend or wishing to present additional comments may mail written testimony postmarked no later than June 5th, 2009 to the Forestry Program Manager, DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife, 1151 Punchbowl St. #325, Honolulu, HI 96813.
Any person requesting an auxiliary aid or service (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) is asked to contact Jacquie Robson at 587-4166 or through the Telecommunication Relay Service at 711 by May 18th, 2009.