NOTICE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Pursuant to the provisions of HRS 103D, the County of Kauai hereby provides public notice to invite persons engaged in the professional services listed below to submit current statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for the fiscal year 2008 – 2009:
A. OFFICE OF ELDERLY AFFAIRS:
1. Caregiver Counseling and Training. Caregiver Counseling and Training for caregivers of the Elderly. Per Title IIIE of the Older American Act, to include one-on-one counseling, coordinating peer group discussions, providing caregiver group training, coordinating and implementing annual conference, program reporting/evaluation and other appropriate assistance for individuals who are caregivers of frail elders, aged 60 years and older. Services shall be provided by a Social Worker or related professional with experience in working with the elderly.
Estimated funding: $28,960.00
Estimated Contract Time: July1, 2009 – June 30, 2010
Contact Person: Ludvina K. Takahashi, Executive on Aging, PH: 808 241-4470
Consultants who are interested and capable of providing the professional services listed shall submit a letter of interest and an original and four (4) copies of their resume to:
Director of Finance
Division of Purchasing
4444 Rice Street, Rm 303
Lihue, HI 96766
Resumes should include:
1. Reference to this Notice by noting “#6-PROF-08/09” on the cover page of each resume, AND the name of the department and service that the resume is to be directed to.
2. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices.
3. A description or narrative of the firm and statements of qualifications (education, training, licenses, credentials) and experiences of the principals and staff members to be involved, and supporting data as it relates to the proposed projects.
4. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five (5) years.
5. A list of similar projects undertaken and completed within the last five (5) years (including dates), the amount of the projects, owners of the projects and the scope of work performed.
6. The names of up to five (5) clients who may be contacted, including at least two (2) for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
7. Capacity to complete the work in the required time.
8. Any other pertinent data that should or may be considered in the evaluation of the firm’s qualifications.
Resumes may be amended at any time by filing a new statement. Any change in resumes that will be cause for disqualifying the firm from consideration for award shall be immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
Awards shall be electronically posted on the County of Kauai website within seven (7) days of the contract award: http://kauai.gov ;follow: Departments/Agencies; Finance; Purchasing Division; Procurement Disclosures.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), Wednesday, April 8, 2009. Late submissions will be returned. Risk of late delivery shall lie with the sender.
Wallace Rezentes, Jr.
Director of Finance
(SB109341 3/18, 3/20/09)~