NOTICE FOR CONSULTANT SERVICES
The County of Kauai, under an exempt HRS 103D process (#12-SPO7-08/09), hereby provides public notice to invite persons engaged in the services listed below to submit current statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for the fiscal year 2008 – 2009:
A. POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Kauai Police Department (KPD) is seeking the services of a licensed investigator or attorney to conduct an investigation into the claims filed with EEOC. The investigator should have had previous experience in conducting these types of investigations, is familiar with current laws and case law involving retaliation, and is able to offer recommendations based on their investigation.
Estimated cost: $6,000.00
Estimated Contract Time: To be determined
Contact person: Asst. Chief, Gordon Isoda, (808) 241-1646.
The general process for evaluation and award of a contract for professional services will be applied (HRS 103D-304).
Consultants who are interested and capable of providing the services listed shall submit one (1) original and three (3) copies of a letter of interest and resume to:
Director of Finance
Division of Purchasing
4444 Rice Street, Rm 303
Lihue, HI 96766
Resumes should include:
1. Reference to this Notice by noting “#2X-PROF-08/09” on the cover page of each resume, AND the name of the department and service that the resume is to be directed to.
2. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices.
3. A description or narrative of the firm and statements of qualifications (education, training, licenses, credentials) and experiences of the principals and staff members to be involved, and supporting data as it relates to the proposed projects.
4. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five (5) years.
5. A list of similar projects undertaken and completed within the last five (5) years (including dates), the amount of the projects, owners of the projects and the scope of work performed.
6. The names of up to five (5) parties in the engagements listed in 5., above who may be contacted, including at least two (2) for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
7. Capacity to complete the work in the required time.
8. The cost of the services, including hourly rates for each person providing the service or a fee schedule.
9. A disclosure of any known potential conflicts of interest with the County of Kauai which may affect the firm/person’s ability to provide such service.
10. Any other pertinent data that should or may be considered in the evaluation of the firm’s qualifications.
Resumes may be amended at any time by filing a new statement. Any change in resumes that will be cause for disqualifying the firm from consideration for award shall be immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), Friday, October 3, 2008. Late submissions will be returned. Risk of late delivery shall lie with the sender.
Wallace Rezentes, Jr.
Director of Finance
County of Kauai