NOTICE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Pursuant to the provisions of HRS 103D, the County of Kauai hereby provides public notice to invite persons engaged in the professional services listed below to submit current statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for the fiscal year 2008 – 2009:
A. DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS – BUILDING DIVISION
1. DEVELOPMENT OF SCOPE OF WORK, PLANS, AND PERMITTING FOR LYDGATE PARK PONDS REPAIR. Services of a licensed civil engineer, coastal engineer, or coastal geologist with experience in State of Hawai’i permitting process for projects within the coastal environment are needed for developing a scope of work, plans, and obtaining all necessary permits for removal of excess sand and relocation of dislocated pond protection rocks at the Lydgate Park swimming ponds.
Estimated Cost: $50,000.00
Estimated Contract Time: 12 months.
Contact Person: Douglas Haigh, (808) 241-6650
Consultants who are interested and capable of providing the professional services listed shall submit one (1) original and four (4) copies of a letter of interest and resume for each project to:
Director of Finance
Division of Purchasing
4444 Rice Street, Rm 303
Lihue, HI 96766
Resumes shall include:
1. Reference to this Notice by noting “#3-PROF-08/09” on the cover page of each resume, AND the name of the department and service that the resume is to be directed to.
2. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its
3. A description or narrative of the firm and statements of qualifications (education, training,
licenses, credentials) and experiences of the principals and staff members to be involved, and supporting data as it relates to the proposed projects.
4. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five (5) years.
5. A list of similar projects undertaken and completed within the last five (5) years (including dates), the amount of the projects, owners of the projects and the scope of work performed.
6. The names of up to five (5) clients who may be contacted, including at least two (2) for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
7. Capacity to complete the work in the required time.
8. Any other pertinent data that should or may be considered in the evaluation of the firm’s qualifications.
Resumes may be amended at any time by filing a new statement. Any change in resumes that will be cause for disqualifying the firm from consideration for award shall be immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), Wednesday, August 27, 2008. Late submissions will be returned. Risk of late delivery shall lie with the sender.
Wallace G. Rezentes, Jr.
Director of Finance
County of Kauai