NOTICE TO ATTORNEYS
INTERESTED IN PROVIDING LEGAL SERVICES
TO THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAI´I
The University of Hawai´i hereby invites licensed attorneys to submit expressions of interest and statements of qualifications to provide legal services on a contract basis as the need arises for the fiscal year commencing July 1, 2008.
At minimum, the University anticipates the need to contract for legal services in the following areas:
Administrative Law Estates & Trusts Procurement Law
Admiralty Family Law Product Liability
Antitrust Federal Legislation Public Financing, including
Appellate Practice Federal-State Relations Bond Counsel, Lease
Aviation Fiduciary Duties Financing
Banking and Relationships Public Records Law
Bankruptcy Hospital/Health Law Public Meeting Law
Cable Television Immigration Public Utilities
Civil Rights Information and Real Property
Collections Computer Technology Rule Drafting
Commercial Law Insurance Law Securities Law
Complex Civil Litigation Intellectual Property Surety Law
Constitutional Law International Law State Legislation
Construction Law Labor Law Taxation
Contract Law Land Use, including Zoning Telecommunications
Defamation Landlord/Tenant Torts
Eminent Domain Maritime Transportation Law
Employment Law Medical Malpractice Unfair & Deceptive Acts
Energy Law Military Law Water Rights
Environmental Law Negligent Misrepresentation Workers’ Compensation
Attorneys interested in being retained to provide legal services in these areas, or any other area of practice which an attorney wishes to suggest might be needed, should submit a letter of interest together with a statement of qualifications which includes the following information:
1. The name, business address, telephone and fax number(s), and e-mail address of the attorney.
2. The name of the law firm with which the attorney is affiliated, if any, the number of years the attorney has been with the firm, whether the attorney is a partner, shareholder or employee of the firm, and what, if any, special practice units are part of the firm.
3. A summary of the attorney’s educational and employment background.
4. The jurisdictions (state and courts) in which the attorney is licensed and authorized to practice.
5. A brief description of other staff and facilities available to the attorney, including secretarial and paralegal support, and other attorneys.
6. The range of hourly rates charged by the attorney, and a summary of the types and amounts of costs charged by the firm.
7. The area(s) of practice in which the attorney is interested in being retained with a brief summary of the attorney’s experience and types of cases/matters the attorney has handled.
Letters of interest and statements of qualifications should be sent to:
Office of Procurement and Real Property Management
1400 Lower Campus Road, Room 15
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
Attorneys from the same firm wishing to be considered must submit separate statements.
There is no deadline for submission. The University conducts a continuous recruitment for the aforementioned legal services.
All questions pertaining to this solicitation may be directed to Mr. Kurt Minato, telephone (808) 956-7159.
(SB44473 6/25/08) President, University of Hawai’i~