County of Maui
Notice to Providers of Professional Services
For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2008 and ending June 30, 2009, the County of Maui anticipates the need for professional services.
The selection of professional services may be made in accordance with Section 103D-304, Hawaii Revised Statutes, which provides that the selection of professionals may be through a list of qualified applicants. Persons engaged in providing professional services are invited to submit statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for evaluation and inclusion on a list of qualified professionals. The statements shall include the following at a minimum:
(1) The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its
(2) The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past years;
(3) The education, training, and qualifications of key members of the firm;
(4) The names and phone numbers of up to five clients who may be contacted, including at
least two for whom services were rendered during the preceding year; and
(5) Any promotional or descriptive literature which the firm desires to submit. Firms or persons may amend statements of qualifications at any time by filing a new statement and shall
immediately inform the head of the purchasing agency of any change in their submission that would disqualify the firm or person from being considered for a contract award.
Also, a list of projects or services provided to the County will be helpful for the County to determine the qualifications of the applicant. To be considered for selection, consultants must express interest in the specific projects for which they are qualified. Simply stating interest in “all projects” is not acceptable.
7 copies of 1 submittal (One submittal for all jobs/all departments), shall be received no later than 4:30 p.m., June 25, 2008, at the Purchasing Division of the County of Maui, 2145 Wells Street Suite 104, Wailuku, HI. 96793. Please note that our address has changed, but we will also accept submittals mailed to 200 South High Street, Wailuku, HI. 96793. Please do not submit separate submittals for each department. Also, please provide all relevant information in as concise a manner as possible.
The budgeted consultant fees for projects listed below are categorized as follows: Category A – Less than $25,000; Category B – $25,000 to $50,000; Category C – $50,000 to $150,000; Category D $150,000 to $300,000; Category E – Over $300,000;
Following are the projected Capital Improvement projects and other professional services needs that we know of as of now or may need. As priorities change, there inevitably will be additions, deletions, and other unanticipated changes to the projects listed below. If new projects arise which require skill sets that are not adequately available within our existing list, we will re-advertise at that time to supplement the existing list:
Department of Public Works, Engineering Division
1. Surveying – Topography, boundary, subdivision, maps, easements, descriptions.
Categories A, B, & C.
2. Design – Civil Engineering Projects. C, D, & E.
3. Design – Structural Engineering Projects. C, D, & E.
4. Design/planning/permitting – Federal aid Civil Engineering Projects. D & E.
5. Design/planning/permitting – Federal aid Structural Engr Projects. D & E.
6. Construction management – Federal aid Projects. D & E.
7. Appraisals for land acquisition, easements. A, B & C.
8. Design mechanical/electrical/architectural – county facilities. A, B, C, & D.
9. Traffic studies at various locations. A, B, C, & D.
Department of Environmental Management, Wastewater Division
1. Kihei Wastewater Reclamation Facility Process Study. Category D.
2. Countywide EPA Consent Decree WWRF Renovation Projects. Category E.
3. Lahaina WWRF UV Disinfection System Expansion/Upgrade. Category D.
4. Kihei No. 2 Force Main Replacement. Category D.
5. EPA Consent Decree Compliance Projects. Category E.
6. Consent Decree Sewer Rehabilitation – Kihei Category E.
7. Consent Decree Sewer Rehabilitation – Lahaina Category E.
8. Consent Decree Sewer Rehabilitation – Central Category E.
9. Alamaha Force Main Replacement Category C.
10. Lahaina No. 3 Force Main Replacement. Category E.
11. Miscellaneous Mechanical Improvements/Rehabilitation Projects. Category C.
12. Miscellaneous Electrical Improvements/Rehabilitation Projects. Category C.
13. Miscellaneous Structural Improvements/Rehabilitation Projects. Category C.
14. Miscellaneous Civil Improvements/Rehabilitation Projects. Category C.
15. Miscellaneous Survey Improvements/Rehabilitation Projects Category C.
16. Miscellaneous Software Programing/Consulting Projects. Category C.
Department of Environmental Management, Solid Waste Division
1. Central Maui Landfill (CML) Maintenance Facility Preliminary Engineering Report; Category: D
2. Various Landfill (CML) Subsurface Fire Investigation and Mitigation; D
3. Central Maui Landfill (CML) Annual Topographic Survey; Category A
4. Molokai Landfill (MLF) Annual Topographic Survey;: Category A
5. Central Maui Landfill (CML) Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures Plan; Category B
6. Hana Landfill Detention Basin Design; Category C
7. Materials Recovery Facility Design; Category E
8. Debris Management Plan; Category C
Department of Parks and Recreation
1. Lahaina Aquatic Center Fiberglass Pool Filter System Repl. Category D.
2. Kaunakakai Gym Improvements. Category C.
3. Countywide ADA Improvements Category E.
4. Baldwin Park Restroom design. Category D.
5. Wahikuli Beach Park Pedestrian Path. Category C.
6. Puunene Airport Master Plan Update. Category C.
Department of Planning/Planning Related Services
1. Miscellaneous Planning related projects.
1. Kula Tank Improvements. Category D.
2. Upcountry Water Storage. Category E.
3. Makawao Waterline Improvements. Category C.
4. Molokai Source Development. Category B.
5. Haiku Source Development. Category D.
6. Haiku Waterline Improvements. Category B.
7. Iao Source Development. Category C.
8. Waiale to Kihei Booster Pump. Category C.
9. West Maui Source Development. Category D.
Department of Housing & Human Concerns
1. Kaunoa Multi-Purpose Building Renovations. Category A.
Department of Fire Control
1. Haiku Fire Station: Planning and Design (C); Architect & Engineer (E); Surveyor (A)
2. Kahului Station Annex Building Expansion: Primary Consultant (C); Planning and Design (C); Architect & Engineer (D)
3. Lahaina Station Addition: Planning for Variance (A); Planning and Design (C); Architect
& Engineer (D); Surveyor (A)
4. Lanai Fire Station Addition: Planning and Design (C); Architect & Engineer (D); Surveyor (A)
5. Wailea Station Wellness/Fitness Room: Planning and Design (B); Architect & Engineer (B)
6. Warehouse Space (A)
7. County-Wide Fire Facilities – Misc. Consultants: Roof/Weatherproofing Consultant (A); Asbestos/Lead Paint Abatement Consultant (A)
8. Fire Commission Court Reporting (A)
Department of Civil Defense
Potential projects. Funding categories unknown at this time:
1 Technical Interoperability Communications Plan validation, exercise and training
2 Community Emergency Response Team coordination and management
3 Emergency evacuation planning and plan development
4 Emergency shelter development and planning
5 Grant coordination and management
6 National Response Framework, National Incident Management System (NIMS), and Incident Command System (ICS) documentation and accountability
7 Incident Command System (ICS), and other All-hazard training and exercise planning and
8 Other various Homeland Security related initiatives requiring planning and development
Other Professional Service Categories
This category includes areas in which we will likely have either unanticipated or small $ projects:
1. Surveyors, Architects, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
2. Planning Consultants – for land acquisition work, environmental assessments, or other
3. Court Reporting Services
Director of Finance