NOTICE FOR CONSULTANT SERVICES
The County of Kauai, under an exempt HRS 103D process (#34-SPO7-07/08), hereby provides public notice to invite persons engaged in the services listed below to submit current statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for the fiscal year 2007 – 2008:
A. KAUAI COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
1. HEARINGS OFFICERS/MASTERS: The Planning Commission anticipates the need to select qualified persons to hold hearings and make findings and
recommendations to the Commission. Duties include: administer oaths, receive evidence, hold appropriate conferences with parties before and/or during
hearings, receive offers of proof, fix the time for the filing of submittals, and
perform other responsibilities necessary to manage the hearing and make
findings and recommendations to the Commission including the preparation of findings and recommendations, a transcript of the hearing or
a summary of the evidence and testimony taken at the hearing for consideration by the Commission, and take all other actions authorized by the Rules of Practice And Procedures of the Commission and pertinent County and State and federal laws and as may be assigned by the Commission that are deemed necessary to the orderly and just conduct of a hearing.
Estimated cost: Not to exceed $25,000.00, however may vary due to nature and length of specific proceeding.
Estimated Contract Time: 4 MONTHS, however may vary due to nature of the
Contact person: Ricky Tsuchiya, Phone (808) 241-6677.
The general process for evaluation and award of a contract for professional services will be applied (HRS 103D-304).
Consultants who are interested and capable of providing the services listed shall submit a letter of interest, plus an original and three (3) copies of their resume to:
Director of Finance
Division of Purchasing
4444 Rice Street, Rm 303
Lihue, HI 96766
Resumes should include:
1. Reference to this Notice by noting “#6X-PROF-07/08” on the cover page of each
resume, AND the name of the department and service that the resume is to be
2. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices.
3. A description or narrative of the firm and statements of qualifications (education, training,
licenses, credentials) and experiences of the principals and staff members who will actually
perform the services, and supporting data as it relates to the proposed projects.
4. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five (5) years.
5. A list of similar prior service as a master, hearings officer, arbitrator, or neutral for public
agencies and/or private industry within the last five (5) years (including dates), description
of work performed and the staff person(s) who performed the service.
6. The names of up to five (5) parties in the engagements listed in 5 above, who may be
contacted, including at least two (2) for whom services were rendered during the
7. Capacity to complete the work in the required time.
8. The cost of the services, including hourly rates for each person providing the service or
a fee schedule.
9. A disclosure of any known potential conflicts of interest with the County of Kauai which may
affect the firm/person’s ability to provide such service.
10. Any other pertinent data that should or may be considered in the evaluation of the firm’s
Resumes may be amended at any time by filing a new statement. Any change in resumes that will be cause for disqualifying the firm from consideration for award shall be immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), Friday, June 6, 2008. Late submissions will be returned. Risk of late delivery shall lie with the sender.
Wallace Rezentes, Jr.
Director of Finance
County of Kauai