DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 7, 2008
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 2 P.M.
1. Confirmation of Appointment
a. Geri Marullo to the Ethics Commission (MM-34)
2. Bill 26 – Relating to Council committees. (Establishing for Council committees the number of members necessary to establish a quorum to do business and the number of members necessary to make any action of the committee valid.)
3. Bill 29, CD1 – Relating to City advertisements. (Requiring all City advertisements to include a statement that the ads are paid for by the taxpayers of the City and County of Honolulu.)
4. Bill 23, CD1 – Relating to real property taxation. (Providing that for the 2008-2009 tax year only, the “Improved Residential” class that appears in the 2008 real property assessment notices is the “Residential” class provided for in Section 8-7.1(c)(1)(A), ROH, and confirming that for the 2008-2009 tax year only, any reference to the “Residential” class in the assessment list and subsequent documents used or issued by the Director of Budget and Fiscal Services is a reference to the “Improved Residential” class that appears in the 2008 real property assessment notices.)
5. Bill 24 – Relating to funding of vacant positions. (Facilitating the funding of vacant positions.)
6. Bill 30, CD1 – Relating to the City’s deferred compensation program. (Establishing certain requirements for the City’s deferred compensation program.)
7. Bill 58 (2007), CD1 – Relating to taxicabs. (Addressing taxicab rates and regulations.)
8. Bill 79 (2007), CD1 – Relating to public transit. (Clarifying operations of TheBus and TheHandi Van and establishing procedures for improved and efficient operations.)
9. Bill 10, CD1 (Administration Initiated) – Relating to transit oriented development. (Establishing the process for the creation of transit oriented development (“TOD”) zoning regulations around rapid transit stations.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 2 p.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/council/attnspkph.htm, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or you may e-mail your testimony by going to http://www.honolulu.gov/council/emailph.htm for the e-mail contact. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 2 p.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 2 p.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Bills and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Any physically challenged person requiring special assistance should call 768-3814 for details at least one day prior to the meeting date.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
BARBARA MARSHALL, CHAIR