NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
DATE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23, 2008
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 2 P.M. OR IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE 1 P.M. BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING, WHICHEVER IS LATER
1. Bill 16 – Relating to real property tax credits. (Providing a one-time real property tax credit to eligible owners of real property.)
2. Bill 17 – Relating to the Legislative Budget for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
3. Bill 18, CD1 – Relating to the Executive Operating Budget and Program for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
4. Bill 19, CD1 – Relating to the Executive Capital Budget and Program for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
5. Bill 20 – Authorizing the issuance and sale of General Obligation Bonds and Bond Anticipation Notes of the City and County of Honolulu in a maximum principal amount equal to the aggregate of the amounts appropriated in the Capital Budget Ordinance of said City and County for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009, and specified in said Ordinance to be financed from the proceeds of the sale of such bonds and to be expended from the General Improvement Bond Fund, the Highway Improvement Bond Fund, Solid Waste Improvement Bond Fund, or the Housing Development Special Fund.
6. Resolution 08-58 – Determining the Real Property Tax Rates for the City and County of Honolulu for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
Tax Rate Per $1,000
Class Net Taxable Real Property
(A) Residential $ 3.29
(B) Hotel and resort 12.40
(C) Commercial 12.40
(D) Industrial 12.40
(E) Agricultural 5.70
(F) Preservation 5.70
(G) Public service 0.00
(H) Vacant agricultural 8.50
The foregoing schedule of rates is for consideration at the public hearing. The final tax rates may be higher or lower than the rates reflected above.
Advance notice is given that the Council will adopt the Resolution fixing the real property rates for the fiscal year July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009 at a meeting to be held on Wednesday, June 4, 2008, in the Council Chamber, Honolulu Hale.
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 2 p.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/council/attnspkph.htm, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only. Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or you may e-mail your testimony by going to http://www.honolulu.gov/council/emailph.htm for the e-mail contact. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 2 p.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 2 p.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Bills and Resolution and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk\u00D5s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Any physically challenged person requiring special assistance should call 768-3814 for details.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
BARBARA MARSHALL, CHAIR