NOTICE FOR CONSULTANT SERVICES
The County of Kauai, under an exempt HRS 103D process (#27 & 28 – SPO7 – 07/08), hereby provides public notice to invite persons engaged in the services listed below to submit current statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for the fiscal year 2007 – 2008:
A. OFFICE OF THE MAYOR, BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
1. Public Relations Consultant Services: The Office of Boards and Commissions anticipates the need for a person or firm qualified to provide Public Relations advice and services to the various Boards and Commissions of the County of Kaua\u00D5i. The objectives of this effort are to:
” Provide general public relations support and assistance to County Boards and Commissions;
” Assist and facilitate public educational efforts as may be required related to specific issues or topics under consideration by the various Boards and Commissions;
” Directly advise board and staff members with tips and talking points needed to enhance communication and relationship skills to factually, diplomatically and courteously address public concerns and issues that are brought before a Board or Commission;
” Develop and implement a public relations program that will improve awareness, knowledge and perception about the service and value that Boards and Commissions provide to the County; and
Interested persons or firms should have at least five (5) years of combined experience in public relations on the Island of Kaua\u00D5i that demonstrate knowledge about the pros & cons of current government and community issues. Desirable qualifications also include previous work experience directly related to the State or County government.
Estimated Cost: $20,000 – $30,000
Estimated Term of Contract: 12-18 Months.
2. Training Services: The Office of Boards and Commissions anticipates the need to select a person or firm qualified to provide training services to the various members and staff of County Boards and Commissions, that although may be related, are outside the usual scope of training and expertise that is typically found in the government system. At the onset of the program, the provider should be able to conduct training sessions on the following topics:
” Basic Parliamentary Procedures;
” Effective Meeting Management;
” Conflict Resolution;
” Dealing with Difficult People; and
” Hawaiian Values and Sense of Place.
Interested persons or firms should have the ability to organize, coordinate, conduct and repeat customized training sessions that meet the specialized needs of the County Boards and Commissions. Ensure that all trainers and/or instructors are well versed and qualified on the subject matter and that training sessions are conducted in a professional manner. Desirable qualifications also include previous work experience directly related to the State or County government.
Estimated Cost: $15,000 – $25,000
Estimated Term of Contract: 24 Months.
Contact Person: John Isobe, (808) 241-5135.
The general process for evaluation and award of a contract for professional services will be applied (HRS 103D-304).
Consultants who are interested and capable of providing the services listed shall submit a letter of interest, plus an original and FOUR (4) copies of their resume to:
Director of Finance
Division of Purchasing
4444 Rice Street, Rm 303
Lihue, HI 96766
Resumes should include:
1. Reference to this Notice by noting “#4X-PROF-07/08” on the cover page of each resume, AND the name of the department and service that the resume is to be directed to.
2. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices.
3. A description or narrative of the firm and statements of qualifications (education, training, licenses, credentials) and experiences of the principals and staff members to be involved, and supporting data as it relates to the proposed projects.
4. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five (5) years.
5. A list of similar projects undertaken and completed within the last five (5) years (including dates), the amount of the projects, owners of the projects and the scope of work performed.
6. The names of up to five (5) clients who may be contacted, including at least two (2) for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
7. Capacity to complete the work in the required time.
8. Any other pertinent data that should or may be considered in the evaluation of the firm\u00D5s qualifications.
Resumes may be amended at any time by filing a new statement. Any change in resumes that will be cause for disqualifying the firm from consideration for award shall be immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), Friday, April 18, 2008. Late submissions will be returned. Risk of late delivery shall lie with the sender.
Wallace Rezentes, Jr.
Director of Finance
County of Kauai