NOTICE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Pursuant to the provisions of HRS 103D, the County of Kauai hereby provides public notice to invite persons engaged in the professional services listed below to submit current statements of qualifications and expressions of interest for the fiscal year 2007 – 2008:
A. PUBLIC WORKS – WASTEWATER MANAGEMENT DIVISION:
1. EVALUATION OF EFFLUENT INJECTION WELLS AT THE WAIMEA, ELEELE, AND LIHUE WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANTS, UIC PERMIT NOS. UK-2405, UK-1212, & UK- 1213 RESPECTIVELY
Description. The County of Kaua\u00D5i is seeking a professional consultant, engineer, or geologist proficient in injection well performance to provide evaluation of the condition and performance of the injection well systems along with preparation of injection well status reports for the Waimea, Eleele and LIhu\u00D5e Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTPs), owned and operated by the County\u00D5s Wastewater Management Division. Work will include all Underground Injection Control (UIC) permit requirements. Copies of the UIC permits are available to prospective consultants upon request, and the UIC permits will be included in the contract documents for the project.
All work shall be in accordance with the requirements of the State of Hawaii Department of Health (DOH) requirements for UIC status reports. The DOH has prepared a guidance document for an injection well status report, a copy of which is available to prospective consultants upon request.
Interested parties or firms are invited to demonstrate recent experience with injection well evaluations and preparation of status reports under UIC permit requirements for Wastewater Treatment Plants in Hawai\u00D5i. Demonstrated experience of successful UIC program reporting for at least two municipally-owned wastewater treatment plants with capacity in excess of 0.25 million gallons per is desired.
Funding. Approximately $70,000.00
Contract Duration. Approximately 1 year.
Contact Person. Edward Tschupp, (808) 241-6610.
Consultants who are interested and capable of providing the professional services listed shall submit a letter of interest and four (4) copies of their resume to:
Director of Finance
Division of Purchasing
4444 Rice Street, Rm 303
Lihue, HI 96766
Resumes should include:
1. Reference to this Notice by noting “#13-PROF-07/08” on the cover page of each resume, AND the name of the department and service that the resume is to be directed to.
2. The name of the firm or person, the principal place of business, and location of all of its offices.
3. A description or narrative of the firm and statements of qualifications (education, training, licenses, credentials) and experiences of the principals and staff members to be involved, and supporting data as it relates to the proposed projects.
4. The age of the firm and its average number of employees over the past five (5) years.
5. A list of similar projects undertaken and completed within the last five (5) years (including dates), the amount of the projects, owners of the projects and the scope of work performed.
6. The names of up to five (5) clients who may be contacted, including at least two (2) for whom services were rendered during the preceding year.
7. Capacity to complete the work in the required time.
8. Any other pertinent data that should or may be considered in the evaluation of the firm\u00D5s qualifications.
Resumes may be amended at any time by filing a new statement. Any change in resumes that will be cause for disqualifying the firm from consideration for award shall be immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
Awards shall be electronically posted on the County of Kauai website within seven (7) days of the contract award: http://kauai.gov;follow:Departments/Agencies; Finance; Purchasing Division; Procurement Disclosures.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), April 25, 2008. Late submissions will be returned. Risk of late delivery shall lie with the sender.
Wallace Rezentes, Jr.
Director of Finance
(SB18578 3/31/08) ~